+1

SHO flush adapter

I changed out my flushing hose and made it so I could use a quick connect just outside of the back compartment. I got tired of the flush fitting leaking all the time and having to change out the O rings.
    This may sound like a stupid question but the original set up has a spring loaded valve just on the inside with a little cap that screws on to cap it off. Since my new setup is not closed off do I need to put some type of cap on the end to keep any flow of water from coming inside when I'm riding?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I changed out my flushing hose and made it so I could use a quick connect just outside of the back compartment. I got tired of the flush fitting leaking all the time and having to change out the O rings.
    This may sound like a stupid question but the original set up has a spring loaded valve just on the inside with a little cap that screws on to cap it off. Since my new setup is not closed off do I need to put some type of cap on the end to keep any flow of water from coming inside when I'm riding?
    Absolutely!!!!

what alot of guys are doing is taking the original setup and putting it through the hull so you dont even have to take the seat off. If it leaks its leaking outside. Take a look at Jims ski under yamaha projects. If you look at the back of the ski you can see how he has his set up..

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    what alot of guys are doing is taking the original setup and putting it through the hull so you dont even have to take the seat off. If it leaks its leaking outside. Take a look at Jims ski under yamaha projects. If you look at the back of the ski you can see how he has his set up..

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    What is his username? I looked but couldn't figure which post it was... Thanks

+1
    I found it..nice, but since I like to take the back seat off anyways to check everything out, I would rather keep it inside. I DID pick up a cap today for both of my SHO's and have already installed it. Not too bad of a set up. I just take the hose out of the back and unscrew cap and put the quick disconnect on..I like the clean look of not having it on the outside. But, yea, what a pain in the arse to have to try and hook up a hose(even a quick connect) inside and at the same time trying not to kink the hose..that was history fast!

What's up Jim? How's the family? Got your eye on anything for the coming summer? FZR, 255 iS ?
    How is the SHO working for you? I am thankful every day that we finally got the delivery of these skis behind us...never want to go through that again but, then again, after the last episode the Yammi thing was a piece of cake..if you know what I mean?! lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I found it..nice, but since I like to take the back seat off anyways to check everything out, I would rather keep it inside. I DID pick up a cap today for both of my SHO's and have already installed it. Not too bad of a set up. I just take the hose out of the back and unscrew cap and put the quick disconnect on..I like the clean look of not having it on the outside. But, yea, what a pain in the arse to have to try and hook up a hose(even a quick connect) inside and at the same time trying not to kink the hose..that was history fast!

What's up Jim? How's the family? Got your eye on anything for the coming summer? FZR, 255 iS ?
    How is the SHO working for you? I am thankful every day that we finally got the delivery of these skis behind us...never want to go through that again but, then again, after the last episode the Yammi thing was a piece of cake..if you know what I mean?! lol
    Family is fine, girls are turning 8 & 10, holy crap!!!! I would love to pick up the Black FZS but it aint in the cards this year. I was laid of for about 6 weeks this year which has put me in a big hole, start a new job on Monday though. It's going to take a while to catch back up....

jim

Thread Information