Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEED HELP?? water injection

Well i have a 1997 seadoo spx with R&D syncro wave water injection and i have no clue how to use it,or dial it in..I cant find any instructions anywhere.Its the last thing i need to do to get this thing in the water..Ive called R&D and Emailed them and cant get anyone to answer..Ive done tons of searches on the product also and cant find a single thing about it,,is there anyone out there who can give me an ideah on how this water injection works and how to hook it up...Does anyone else have a pic of this hooked up in there ski,just to get some ideahs on routing lines,,any info is well appreciated ...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HOTLUDE91 View Post
    Well i have a 1997 seadoo spx with R&D syncro wave water injection and i have no clue how to use it,or dial it in..I cant find any instructions anywhere.Its the last thing i need to do to get this thing in the water..Ive called R&D and Emailed them and cant get anyone to answer..Ive done tons of searches on the product also and cant find a single thing about it,,is there anyone out there who can give me an ideah on how this water injection works and how to hook it up...Does anyone else have a pic of this hooked up in there ski,just to get some ideahs on routing lines,,any info is well appreciated ...thanks
    Call r&d they may be able to help you. I had to ask to speak with the owner as he was the only one who knew how my system worked and he gave me the correct info the first time. Good luck Robin

ive called R&D about ten times already i cant get one person to answer,i also emailed them many times and havent ever got a response yet..To me it sounds like they aint in business anymore..So im thinking im pretty muched screwed for riding this year..Its funny how you type the name of this product in google,and not one thing comes up,besides a shortcut to this thread im writing now,there were probably a small number of these things made,and maybe it didnt do what it was said it did,so they gave up on it,,well anyway,i guess i got to keep trying,there has to be someone out there that knows how this thing works..If it wasnt for this great site,i wouldnt have even gotten this far.This is a great site with a ton of info...

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlloyd View Post
    Call r&d they may be able to help you. I had to ask to speak with the owner as he was the only one who knew how my system worked and he gave me the correct info the first time. Good luck Robin
    Dude...read his post. He called them.

ive called R&D about ten times already i cant get one person to answer,i also emailed them many times and havent ever got a response yet..To me it sounds like they aint in business anymore..So im thinking im pretty muched screwed for riding this year..Its funny how you type the name of this product in google,and not one thing comes up,besides a shortcut to this thread im writing now,there were probably a small number of these things made,and maybe it didnt do what it was said it did,so they gave up on it,,well anyway,i guess i got to keep trying,there has to be someone out there that knows how this thing works..If it wasnt for this great site,i wouldnt have even gotten this far.This is a great site with a ton of info...
    Am I to assume you have an R&D pipe for this to go on too?

yes this ski has R&D everything you could think of...I want her to live again i got her for nearly nothing and brought her back to life...

First off, the R&D pipe sucked. I think I remember telling you this in a previous thread. It offered less performance gains than the Rossier, which is why there is very little information out there about them. People bought the Spec I & II, and the Rossier. PSI pipes were junk too. Putting water injection on this pipe is only going to give it better low-end response. It will still rev out just fine. So my advice is to run the ski and see what max rpms you get before going through all the trouble of installing water injection, on a pipe you are soon to throw in the trash.

If memory serves me correctly, the R&D didn't even give you 200 more max rpm over stock.

OR you could just buy a different water injector. Which i have a MSD if your interested.

i agree with you on the performance of the pipe,my only reason for keeping the R&D stuff is because it all came with the ski already ,im not sure who built this ski back then but i was told it was done right ,i pulled this nasty looking ski out of someones yard ,it had been sitting for years and years because of a blown piston,,it hurt me to drive by and look at it..The ski came with so many aftermarket R&D parts so i just wanted to rebuild it like it was in ats prime days..As for the kid that gave it to me said that this ski was designed and tuned to beat any ultra 150 out there,and he said everytime one came near him he blew it away...it was all professionally built at one time,,thats why im just trying to rebuild it just like it was,if i knew a little more about tuning i would start going with other parts but for now,im just sticking with what its got...

I just called R&D 562.906.1190 they answered on the first ring and told me that you will need to call monday and speak to the owner [Glen ] He will be glad to help you. Good luck Robin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information