Tested new mods. 13/19 & XS IC

I received my prop back from IMPROS and installed yesterday. I'd like to give Dave a bunch of props (no pun intended), not only did it look incredible especially after i chewed rocks with, it put me right on 8100-8150 rpms. Water temp was 57 air 51 so i expect to be perfect with warmer weather and possibly a ring

My first ride out with new prop and XS IC was a 69.2 @ 8100 rpms & just over 8 lbs of boost.

I was expecting more on the top end, but this thing wants to jump right out of the water! It has incredible low to mid range acceleration and is like a bullet out of turns from 1/4 throttle.

I think i can gain some top end by finding the extra lb of boost. I have a mechanical gauge that was reading just over 8. with the vortec wheel and IC i think i should be running 9-9.5. someone correct me if i am wrong.

i am going to pull the IC and silicone the cuplers, double check my gauge fitting, and fill rideplate holes. I'm hoping to find another 2-2.5 mph out of this. Does this sound reasonable?

Also, i over tightened the nose cone bolts and disfigured the shape of it where it meets the pump. i backed the screws off, but i hav a feeling it is scrubbing a bit of speed. i also think i am losing some thrust from the 2 degree wedge blowing thrust into the reverse bucket... this may be a stretch but i'll trim it to see.

if anyone has any ideas to get my stage 2 set up over 70 where it should be let me know.

Antigua Caribbean
    Try pulling the glove box out and let some fresh air in the hull.
    Have you filled the ride plate holes?

Thread Information