Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What is needed to go turbo?

After seeing the supercharged boats get beat in the Riva Hydros,
    Im considering switching to a turbo set-up. Now that SCs are giving people just as much trouble as the old turbo skis.... it only makes sence... TURBO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    After seeing the supercharged boats get beat in the Riva Hydros,
    Im considering switching to a turbo set-up. Now that SCs are giving people just as much trouble as the old turbo skis.... it only makes sence... TURBO!!!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and TIME

Same thing as with a 16+ LB superchargers....

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Just do it bro.......imagine....no more SC washer worries...

You know the fast turbo guys (Jerry included) so have them point you in the right direction. Get the bad-azz electronics so u can run wideband and EGT on each cylinder.......and get ready to become proficient with your laptop and do alot of speed runs at Ida for pin-point tuning.

Wastegate will allow you to tune your boost according to you fuel level (big-bonus on long club rides).....try to find a water-jacketed turbo and/or find out what other have been doing to isolate turbo heat from the deck/hull. OH......and get ready to smoke the competiton.....ur only limited by your imagination and your checkbook...

Thanks for the incouraging info...
    These sc set-ups are getting as expensive as the turbos... AND, now the turbos have been doing really good lately... More issues from SC boats...Either the washers are crap or you bust the gears.... Im not excited about any of this...
    Turbos give you as much boost as you want... one day 15psi then next day 20psi...
    Its TURBO TIME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post

You know the fast turbo guys (Jerry included) so have them point you in the right direction. Get the bad-azz electronics so u can run wideband and EGT on each cylinder.......and get ready to become proficient with your laptop and do alot of speed runs at Ida for pin-point tuning.

Wastegate will allow you to tune your boost according to you fuel level (big-bonus on long club rides).....try to find a water-jacketed turbo and/or find out what other have been doing to isolate turbo heat from the deck/hull. OH......and get ready to smoke the competiton.....ur only limited by your imagination and your checkbook...
    lol he is right...i have a turbo on my busa and thats about the way it goes with turbos

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post

i build my turbo ski to be recreaional{use ski for long rides all day} and race rady is in the 90mph range just with a touch of a butom,complete water jekettet and all ceramic coated to keep engine temp normal and to protect from corotion specialy if you ride on salt water like the way we do in puerto rico
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	026.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	127570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	127571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	028.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	127572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	033.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	127573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	127574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	034.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	127575  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	127576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	127577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	127578  

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    Thanks for the incouraging info...
    These sc set-ups are getting as expensive as the turbos... AND, now the turbos have been doing really good lately... More issues from SC boats...Either the washers are crap or you bust the gears.... Im not excited about any of this...
    Turbos give you as much boost as you want... one day 15psi then next day 20psi...
    Its TURBO TIME!!!
    ohhh I see that you finally saw the light........all I can tell is that a tubo set-up will not give you as many problems as a supecharger set-up if it is done and tuned right for your riding style and application...

..all I can tell is that a tubo set-up will not give you as many problems as a supecharger set-up if it is done and tuned right for your riding style and application...[/quote

my friend,you are just rigth

Quote Originally Posted by TURBO TECH P.R. View Post
    ..all I can tell is that a tubo set-up will not give you as many problems as a supecharger set-up if it is done and tuned right for your riding style and application...[/quote

my friend,you are just rigth
    I know from personal expirience and runnig my turbo set-up for over 1 year now......and I tell you one thing and one thing only "Im not going back to a supercharger again after changing the clutch washers and gear every 15 hours of riding.....

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information