Twin 95 polaris 650 questions

Im rebuilding them and im come across a few snags. i was wondering if i could get some tips from you guys.

1. i dont have all the gaskets that i need ie:exhaust gasket and some various others. now the question is, can i use the standard gasket material from the auto parts store and cut them out or do they *have* to be the hard plastic or rubber that comes with the motor from thje factory? id hate to buy an entire set just for afew gaskets.

2. i dont have all the nuts and bolts needed, they got lost here and there. is there a nut and bolt kit i can buy for them or just spend a lot of time at the hardware store?

Thats really all i can think of for now. I guess my next question would be, is there anyone in GA that has a spare day to help me out? lol ill buy the beer!

thanks for any help and suggestions.!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You can make your own gaskets, except the exh manifold to cyls, head gaskets, and exh manifold to exh pipe.

Those are specialty gaskets.

Some can be bought individually, and some can be found on here. Many guys have parts laying around.

Which gaskets do you need?

Same for the bolts. Which do you need?

I've got some, John Zigler has some, Beach Blonde has some I'm sure.

Too bad you came so late, I just gave away an entiire engine bolt set for the cost of shipping about 3 weeks ago.

+1
    www.atlanticjetsports.com

http://atlanticjetsports.com/engine__gasket_kits.htm

you can get each individual gasket.

As fro bolts, most of them are 8X1.25 metric of different legnths. Ace hardware has a good selection of metric bolts

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    You can make your own gaskets, except the exh manifold to cyls, head gaskets, and exh manifold to exh pipe.

Those are specialty gaskets.

Some can be bought individually, and some can be found on here. Many guys have parts laying around.

Which gaskets do you need?

Same for the bolts. Which do you need?

I've got some, John Zigler has some, Beach Blonde has some I'm sure.

Too bad you came so late, I just gave away an entiire engine bolt set for the cost of shipping about 3 weeks ago.

i have to make a list of the gaskets but from what i can tell so far, i need every gasket for the exhaust side of the motor and one for the flywheel/stator cover. pretty much the same for bolts and i need the nuts that lock the engine down on the mounts. thanks for responding

Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    www.atlanticjetsports.com

http://atlanticjetsports.com/engine__gasket_kits.htm

you can get each individual gasket.

As fro bolts, most of them are 8X1.25 metric of different legnths. Ace hardware has a good selection of metric bolts

thanks alot!

I have some used metal head gaskets. You can have them for the cost of shipping if you need them. Are you sure you're not working with a triple 650? Your post says twin. Polaris didn't make a twin 650. Their first twin was in 96 and it was a 700.

Thread Information