SeaDoo Lover

2006 GTI 100 hour maintenance

Hey guys, I have a 2006 GTI (base model 130hp) that just hit 100 hours. What maintenance is needed for the first 100 hours put on it? I will be doing an oil/filter change and spark plugs but I have heard there are bearings or something also that lubricated (the pump maybe?) for this maintenance interval. I'm also having the wear ring replaced too. The dealer wanted nearly $600 for the "100 hour maintenance" so I was wanting to take it to another place that does SeaDoo repairs and maintenance where the cost was about half that. Anyone have the list of things that are needed for the 100 hour maintenance so I can be sure the other shop does all required? Also, what is the proper oil change hour interval on this machine? Thanks a lot.

+1
    Well, 100 hours means your going to need a SC rebuild..........oh wait! Just a little non-SC humor, gotta love it.

Anyway, you could do this yourself and not talk it to the stealer. Changing the oil and plugs isn't hard, the wear ring shouldn't be too bad either. There is a ton of info. with pictures on this site, just look around the How-To's section. I don't have a shop manual, so I'm not sure what exactly needs to be done, but I'm sure somebody will post the list.

GTI SE 155
    I think the pump no longer has any lube to change, so oil & filter, change out the coolant, change plugs, check & tighten ALL hose clamps, screws, fittings etc. I suspect that your maintainence and labor will possibly be more reliable than the dealers as well.

Ranger.....how did the GTI handle on the NYC ride? Especially in the chop late in the trip?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fastexas View Post
    I think the pump no longer has any lube to change, so oil & filter, change out the coolant, change plugs, check & tighten ALL hose clamps, screws, fittings etc. I suspect that your maintainence and labor will possibly be more reliable than the dealers as well.

Ranger.....how did the GTI handle on the NYC ride? Especially in the chop late in the trip?

It handled great! Plus I had another rider on the back too. I love my GTI. It was rough coming back, into the wind, but the ski did great. I've learned that the GTI is a VERY stable, even with 2 people on it. 3 people, it gets a little unstable, but I think that is the same with most 3 seaters.

SeaDoo Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    It handled great! Plus I had another rider on the back too. I love my GTI. It was rough coming back, into the wind, but the ski did great. I've learned that the GTI is a VERY stable, even with 2 people on it. 3 people, it gets a little unstable, but I think that is the same with most 3 seaters.
    Yea mine is great with 2 people but stinks with 3 as well for balance.

Look in your Owners Guide for the Maintenance section. It lists all maintenance tasks that need to be performed at various hourly intervals. If you don't have the manual, download a copy from seedoo.com, under the Owners Section tab... Ron

Thread Information