+1

STX12F vs 15F hole shot

We all know that the 15F is faster on top end, but how do these skis compare in a 0-50 mph race? I am curious because I have a 15F that I really like for jumping waves in the great lakes and am wondering if the 12F would have the bottom end punch that I like in the 15F.

I am selling my 15F, but am wondering if in the future a 12F would be just as good since it would be a second ski for my wife and kids with me using it occasionally.

Not nearly as good. that 300cc makes a difference. There is no replacement for displacement as far as accel. except maybe a roots blower.

+1
    So your keeping the XP and selling the 15f to turn around and buy a 12f to be as quick as the 15f you just sold. Why sell the 15f, just keep it for the wife and kids. The 12f would probably keep up until around 25 or 30 but then the 15f would pull away I am sure. I have never raced a 12f with mine but they both pull hard.

+1
    It will be a couple of years before I pick up another 12F or 15F. We have young children so we don't have the time to use a three seater right now.

I was just wondering if the 12F had the same punch as the 15F.

Unfortunately there aren't any 12F's around me for me to race or to test ride.

Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post
    It will be a couple of years before I pick up another 12F or 15F. We have young children so we don't have the time to use a three seater right now.

as stated earlier, the holeshot is no where near the same.
    as for jumping wakes, the 12f is just as able as the 15f. You just have to learn tp run up to the wake sooner.

my friends would bitch that they couldnt get my 12f to jump like my 15 and I hopped on and showed them otherwise. Wake jumping is more technique them motor IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post

No contest, 15F way better.
    I have a 12F for friends and family to use and a 15f for myself.
    After riding the 15F the 12 feel boring.
    The 12 just feels like it needs more grunt, although its fast enough for my wife and friends that use it.
    The 15f holeshot is alot better and the ski stands up and jumps on the plane, where the 12 accelerates up onto the plane.
    0-50 the 15f gets there probally 2 seconds faster although I have not timed them.
    My 15 f gets up over 61 nice and quick where the 12 gets up to 50 fairly good then drifts on upto about about 56.

If you are used to the 15f then you will be bored on the 12f.

Regards Matt.

You get more out of the 15F because of the STROKE on the crankshaft.
    The "displacement" comes from the stroke built into the crankshaft.
    The 15F has 13.8mm more stroke then the 12F. The 15F rods are place futher out on the radius of the crank lobe there for giving the conneting rod more leveage from the center of the crank to force it down while the piston is on it's downward power stroke. ( to much info ?? )

Yea I currently have an 07 12f that I want to sell because I have just become bored with it. I have too many friends that beat me with all their 15f's and RXPs. I'm looking to buy either a 15f or an RXP and I could care less how old it is because the 12f just doesn't have the top speed I want. Don't get me wrong its a great reliable ski, but everything said here is true. It's quick on the low end, but it doesn't jump on plane and it will only do about 56 if you are lucky. For some people that may even be too fast, but if your a speed junkie, your gonna want to go a step up to the 15f.

Thread Information