Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

650sx adjustable trim

I am planning on installing a adjustable trim nozzel on my 91 650sx. I got the idea after seeing the new ones sold by wamiltons, but instead of spending $700 bucks I bought a nozzel off a X2 and plan on rotating my nozzel 90 degrees and bolting on the nozzel from the X2. My problem is finding a cable to use for the trim, I want it to connect to the stock position on the nozzel and would like to use a finger throttle on the handle bars. And was going to use springs to keep the nozzel angled down. basically it would be the same as the trim system on some older sea-doos but instead of a button to move the nozzel I would be using a throttle lever. Please help me with finding someone who can help, and if any one else has done this please tell me what to do and what not to do.

How is going your work?
    I'm planning to do the same thing as you. Instal a trim nozzle on my 650sx 1989.

anyone have spare parts for a 650 sx... im looking for any of these...

650/550 parts of the following:

650 *that fits 550sx hull* engine cradle
    jetski start/stop KEYED ignition switch
    any 650 performance manifolds *like angled/electro polished ones*
    any 650 performance exhausts... *NO WATER BOX just the pipe*
    550 ride plates - x2

Quote Originally Posted by Pepin Bud View Post
    How is going your work?
    I'm planning to do the same thing as you. Instal a trim nozzle on my 650sx 1989.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider91 View Post
    I am planning on installing a adjustable trim nozzel on my 91 650sx. I got the idea after seeing the new ones sold by wamiltons, but instead of spending $700 bucks I bought a nozzel off a X2 and plan on rotating my nozzel 90 degrees and bolting on the nozzel from the X2. My problem is finding a cable to use for the trim, I want it to connect to the stock position on the nozzel and would like to use a finger throttle on the handle bars. And was going to use springs to keep the nozzel angled down. basically it would be the same as the trim system on some older sea-doos but instead of a button to move the nozzel I would be using a throttle lever. Please help me with finding someone who can help, and if any one else has done this please tell me what to do and what not to do.

i wanna try this aswell... first i gotta get my ski running =(

did you ever get this working?

Pretty much have all my part except for the cable, Started to mock up the pump to cut hull and get some final dimensions, when I attached the steering cable and tried to move the new trim nozzle up and down. It worked, as far as going up and down properly, but the MAJOR PROBLEM I now have is when I move the trim nozzle up or down it wants to move the steering nozzle along with my handle bars left and/or right. So incase that was hard to understand. When I squeeze my trim lever it make the handle bars turn to the left, and I cannot figure out why. RRRRRRRR. I'm very frustrated. Can someone please help or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Pretty much have all my part except for the cable, Started to mock up the pump to cut hull and get some final dimensions, when I attached the steering cable and tried to move the new trim nozzle up and down. It worked, as far as going up and down properly, but the MAJOR PROBLEM I now have is when I move the trim nozzle up or down it wants to move the steering nozzle along with my handle bars left and/or right. So incase that was hard to understand. When I squeeze my trim lever it make the handle bars turn to the left, and I cannot figure out why. RRRRRRRR. I'm very frustrated. Can someone please help or tell me what I'm doing wrong.
    where is the cable for the trim coming out of the "pump wall"??? center or on either side??
    it needs to come from the center or you need to do duel cables to get the "pull" correct...
    m/m

Been racking my brains all day over this. Thanks for the advice, see what I can do. I'll keep posting with progress/problems. I let everyone know how it came out when Im finished

Been racking my brains all day over this. Thanks for the advice, see what I can do. I'll keep posting with progress/problems. I let everyone know how it came out when Im finished

please do along with a tutorial or step by step analysis so others such as me can try

Post picture and you will receive help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information