Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another piston wash thread.

Here is the piston wash of 95 sl750 tell me what you think.

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wash1.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	127826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wash2.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	127827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wash3.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	127828  

+1
    A little lean give the highs 1/4-1/2 turn

Thanks

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    PTO lean (turn OUT 1/2 turn on high)

CEN lean (turn OUT 1/2 turn on high)

MAG good (leave it be)

Guys which screws are you referring to?

if I am reading his pictures right, going from left to right

1st is his pto, center is center and his far right one looks to be the mag.. I am just asking so I get a better idea about piston wash becaus mine looks a lot like his pic's.. Cya Slick

I may just pull the heads off the wifes ski and see what they look like other then trying to peeping down a spark plug hole.. I noticed in the manual about just the metal gasket is all you need when you reinstall the heads? no permatec or any thing like that, is it tuff to get the old gaskets off and get the cylinders cleaned up before putting it back together.. Cya Slick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    Guys which screws are you referring to?

if I am reading his pictures right, going from left to right

1st is his pto, center is center and his far right one looks to be the mag.. I am just asking so I get a better idea about piston wash becaus mine looks a lot like his pic's.. Cya Slick

I may just pull the heads off the wifes ski and see what they look like other then trying to peeping down a spark plug hole.. I noticed in the manual about just the metal gasket is all you need when you reinstall the heads? no permatec or any thing like that, is it tuff to get the old gaskets off and get the cylinders cleaned up before putting it back together.. Cya Slick
    Hi speed screws located near the top of the carb.

His top left pic is the pto. (notice the triple outlet fuel pump in the background)

Cen and MAG is on bottom pic.

Gasket only, no need to use gasket sealer. Gaskets come off and clean up easily. I like to use a little gasoline to remove gasket residue.

Make sure to retorque after a couple hrs run time. The gasket will compress a tad.

+1

Well I figured out which is the high speed screw and which is the low speed screw by looking at the 94 carb set up I have and the 3 different manuals I have.. I seen on that 1994 carb set up there was a H and L Duhhh right

I guess my question from the start should have been should I even be thinking about tearing off the heads just yet and messing with the high speed screw adjustment until I have ran them with the new triple out let fuel pumps for awhile then take a look and see the results? Because by my evaluation by looking thru the spark plug hole was that the Mag piston seem to be the leanest running one out of them all and that could change with these new fuel pumps, tell me what you think.. Cya Slick

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    The new pump may make a difference. If you have a snake light, you don't need to pull the heads. How lean was the mag cyl when you checked? Any wash pattern at all? Or was it all black? With the new pump it wouldn't take much run time to see the wash pattern change if all else was ok. If you have a bit of run time with the new pump,and the wash hasn't changed, you may need to adjust the high spd adjuster to get the fuel flow right, if the carbs are clean and working properly.
    I've been able to pull the heads and use grease on both sides of the gaskets with good sealing results. You may not need to change the gaskets each time you pull the heads.

I have only about 5 min run time since the new triple outlet fuel pumps was installed on both ski's, the reason why so short because I took them to the boat ramp just to make sure I bleed the oil lines well enough since I replaced oil lines and wanted to make sure all the air was out of them and working like they should..

I do have new head gaskets but only two water rail gasket, one of them must have been misplaced, I figured I would try and re use one of them.. I just did not want to pull the heads until I needed to because like you said it may or may not change the wash pattern with the new fuel pumps.. Cya Slick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information