Worx Grate/Girdle Install

For the sake of, well, I don't know, just cuz I feel like it, figured I'd tell about my drilling of Worx Grate today to accept the R&D Girdle. Overall, it worked out well.

I was a little disappointed to find that the raised rails on the grate interfere with where the holes have to be drilled. I did not have access to a drill press, so I figured I would use a sharp bit, steady hand, and measure twice, drill once. I found that the soft aluminum actually makes the drill bit drift a little. Not a huge deal as I was able to elongate the holes with a hole file just enough for all to line up. I also think that part of the drifting had to do with the rails interfering with the hole I was drilling.

I did not have a counter sink, nor could I efficiently use one due to the interference problem, so I just used a bit the same diameter as the screw heads and drilled out the top of the hole. Actually I think I went a little too deep but I still have plenty of thickness left under the screws so it will be sturdy.

My advice to anyone doing this mod on a Worx Grate is - go slow, with a sharp bit and use a drill press.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0424092210.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	127913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0424092209.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	127914  

I just put mine in minus the 2 screws, after all once you put it in place, there is no where for it to go and it fills the gap between the pump shoe and the intake grate. I wish they made one that actually fit a worx intake grate.

The worx intake is much better than the aquavein

+1
    My WORX should be arriving soon. Cant wait to try it out. My ski will never see a RIVA grate again.....

+1
    you need to,put the holes in the grate, as that is supporting the grate to rideplatel. its very simple to do without a drill press on worx.I did a how to with pics in my thread .

Thumbs up

Yeah Skoepp, I read your post before I did mine and it was super informative.

+1
    I know this does not have anything to do with worx/girdle install on RXP but i just got off the water today and it was windy with alot of boats. THe worse water, that I have seen at my lake. I got my wife and daughter off the the T-X just long enough to rip it up.

The worx intake grate on the T-X and i assume P-X is unreal in rough water. The hook up is crazy and really coulding expect more. I love this grate.
    I Even got to run a big daddy caterman and not sure how hard they were going but I put them way back running to the dock.
    I was hanging on like never before. The ski (with worx) will flat out eat it up if you dare in the bad conditions.
    Very stable!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information