Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Skat Trak Pump Sucks!!! Don't Buy One

After purchasing a Brand New set back 162mm Skat Trac pump with impellor and streering nozzle set up I have been completely burned.
    They 1st of all sent a steering nozzle that looks like it went through a blender.
    Then the prop bottomed out in the pump housing. After paying $50.00 to ship it back to them, they sent it back with the prop milled down. Good luck to me if I ever need another prop, because I have no idea how much they milled off this prop to make it work.
    The 3rd is when mounting the steering nozzle on the pump, 3 out of 4 bolts tightened up, but the 4th bolt stopped about 3/4 of the way in. Then when I went to remove it, the insert screwed out of the pump with the bolt.

I have never seen this issue with any seadoo pump. It is funny that I paid extra to get a new pump housing and they sent me what looks like a refurbished pump housing with new paint.

Also the new set back prop that I recieved was full of thread lock on the nose where you should be able to screw down the new nose cone. Seems to me like it was a used prop that was reworked and sent back to me as being new.

It is a shame that being a racer who recieves no discount from skat should get such a big piece of ----!!!!!

I will be sure to let everyone know what a piece of junk I recieved from skat and even after I sent it back it was still wrong. It has now been close to 7 weeks that I have been dealing with this pump and I feel that no one should wait that long and also deal with such problems.

I suggest anyone looking for a pump to buy a rotax racing pump instead of a skat. Unless you have a machine shop and want to rework every part.

Did you personally talk to Glen Perry??? I am assuming but want to make sure.

Skat is nothing but top notch.... period. I hope some how some way if you were dealing with Glen that things get worked out....

Always sucks to go top notch and realize you're one of the few getting screwed.. like a 1 out of a million type deal.

Man... I'd bet my ski on Glen.... maybe not Skat... but on Glen without thinking twice.

+1
    Everyone in the industry seems to be on their last leg. Glenn sent us a really nice set up a month ago or so and was perfect. However he did say how lucky they were to still be working.

With all custom parts like this its going to be up tp you for the ultimate end result. I'm not happy with the inserts either but they worked for us.

Choices are pretty small at this point and its my opinion to work with what ya got.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Everyone in the industry seems to be on their last leg.
    Except Riva... talk about Monopoly

I agree that I must work with what I have, but I think that it is wrong that I must do the finish work on the pump. Skat was always good to me in the past, but not so this time and if this is what the future holds, it doesn't look good.

Being self employed, I realize how hard it is to survive today, that means you must go the extra step to ensure there are no problems. I will post pics on Sun of the steering nozzle. The rest of the pump has already been installed and i'm really not wanting to take it off again.

I did speak with glen and for some reason I felt as if I was a pain in his side. For that I say, I'm sorry but if it was right from the start I would be happy.

That sucks to hear... about you talking to Glen and the feeling you got. Like said above.. everyone is struggling now. Shit... I'm a Realtor! This too shall pass....

Still not a good excuse to treat like shit. I feel like you... times are tough...work harder to build the foundation for when times are better. If times never get better (which really could happen here) then you're still setting yourself up for success.

Plus IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO GOOD TIMES OR BAD~~~

Anyways... I hope Skat makes this right and you end up a happy customer. Maybe Glen was having a bad day??
    Last edited by pdxrealtor; 05-16-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Everyone has a bad day, and I'm no longer waiting forsome else to fix it. I'm going to fix it myself and move on. Just letting people know my experience, and believe me it will be a long time before I spend any of my hard earned money with skat again, There is not alot of choices out there, but there is still choices.

I believe the skat drive shaft seal is great!!

Not to shoot at glenn, for he is a stand up guy from what I hear, just posting my experience, far as I feel it was wrong to spend that kind of money on a new pump and get what seemed to be used parts.

I have spent close to $25,000 on this RXP and I'm expecting perfection out of everything. No short cuts, Just perfect build.

can't argue with that..... under 5 k in my P=X and I still expect perfection.

ooohhhhhh....I'm going to get a short case and some dominoes pizza. Best of luck to ya!

+1
    I have been dealing with Glen @Skat since 1994 and he has always done the right thing we all have bad days dont give up the faith.

Too late now for

I just hope it stays togather when I take it out to run it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information