Waveblaster II to tow tubes?

I have a Kawi X2, a modded WaveBlaster 1, a 650 superjet and a Yami VXR. I love them all but the VXR - which is mostly used towing for tubing and wakeboarding. It is stable, reliable and manoeverable, but pretty weak in the power department. The VXR also serves the purpose of being the only ski I have that everyone can ride...

There is a WaveBlaster II for sale near me, but it is still to cold to try out on the water here in Canada. I have read that the WB2 is a lot more stable and easy for almost anyone to deep water board (or as easy as a VXR?). Is this true. Is it stable enough to use for towing? I assume there would be a lot of power and low end pull with the 155mm pump?

Could this be a good replacement for my VXR (easy to ride for newbies and a stable enough tow ski)? Looks like it would be fun to ride too.

Any feedback on the blaster 2 would be appreciated for sure.

Thanks.

It is fairly easy to board. Easier than the x4hulls. Good ski to loan out, turns good, but really slow. 45mph would be about tops. It also doesn't have trim on the 96 yellow version, it is definitely needed to jump wakes, etc. It is a quite boring ride vs. the 96xp, which is fun. I would take a 95xp over it too. But to tow a tube and loan out not a bad ski. Very reliable as well.

a blaster two is near the same lenght as the vxr ( i think a tad narrower) ,so stability of a two is abit looser ,but boarding's about the same.. it has the 760 vs 701 , a 155mm pump vs the 144?,in thinking it should 'pull' like the vxr...

IMHO because it's ment as a thru water ski ,a one person only thats not running on top of water like a larger platform (drag), 'I' would NOT expect it to be large improvement as a tug over the vxr.. you want a tube tug? get a tripple cyl ski xlt/gp/gpr or a lower price four stroke.. they have better low end power for what youll need.. along with weight to resist the tubes drag
    IMO... BLASTERS DONT PULL DUTY AS TUGS , JUST ARM SOCKETS,LEG JOINTS,UPPER LIPS,SUN GLASSES OFF FACES... ECT. ECT.

I was thinking blaster 2 because it would be fun to ride when not using it to tube?

Most of our riding is done on a semi-private lake - only once last year was someone else on the lake at the same time as us. All our tubing is done with a solo driver, so I'm not too concerned about 2 up stability - just want good towing power/speed plus have a fun ski to ride when not towing. Something that can carve good and low end touque that can get a good whip going! Would the B2 be something a newbie could ride? I have to have at least one for that.

I could get a a waveventure or GP or even a VX 110, but are they a ton of fun to ride when not towing? In Mexico we rented a couple late model wave ventures and they felt like slugs (and heavy ones to boot). Admittedy l, I haven't tried out many of the larger skis out there - I have always gravitated to the smaller, more nimble skis. When solo riding I much prefer less than WOT speeds, dipping my elbow (or shoulder on the X2) on hard carves or tricks and stuff. If I can't lean it over at all it just doesn't feel right to me. The lake we ride is only 2 miles by 1/2 mile in size, so 60mph speed runs are not that long, and they burn through the fuel pretty fast?

Tried towing with the Mod Blaster 1, and although it had lots of power - it sure was a challenge for me to stay on as well. Deep water boarding the B1 isn't fun either, I'm a big guy and haven't been able to figure out the side mount yet.

get the blaster2.. ( thought hard about getting one, gp was the deal at the time,with 45 hours at 2300.00)I bought the gp 760 as i wanted a twin (simpler unit)and the better fuel economy over the 1200.. the b2 will give you what you want.. the GP in the 1200 would be ideal for power, ride and towing.. a gp hull is very easy to mount on and ride... You can jump mount on a GP..
    b2 is so damn close, i'd buy it.. where did you say it was for sale???

Imt the gp is the best all around old school ski , nimble, fast and easy to ride..its the love seat, not a couch(3 seater) ,nor a stool ( lol sorry ..blaster)or three leg chair (ha..lol.. raider)

YOU PULLED A TUBE WITH A B1 AND STAYED CONSISTANTLY ON? MUST BE A HELL OF A POWERPLANT IN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by w/rpm500 View Post
    get the blaster2.. I bought the gp 760 as i wanted a twin 760 but not the fuel use of the gp 1200.. the b2 will give you what you want.. the GP in the 1200 would be ideal for power, ride and towing.. its very easy to mount on and ride... You can jump mount on a GP..

Imt the gp is the best all around old school ski , nimble, fast and easy to ride..its the love seat, not a couch(3 seater) ,nor a stool ( lol sorry ..blaster)or three leg chair (ha..lol.. raider)

YOU PULLED A TUBE WITH A B1 AND STAYED CONSISTANTLY ON? MUST BE A HELL OF A POWERPLANT IN IT!
    WOO team GP, yeah i was wondering how you were going to try and tow a tube with a blaster i think the operator and the tube will have a reall long day

We tow with the underpowered VXR. We tried towing with the Mod B1 for more speed, but the driver ended up in the drink more than the tubers! Really yanked it out of the water and could get a good whip, but when the tube came around it would drag the ass end over and then splashdown for everyone! Not a good option - we just did it a couple times.

Hoping that the B2 will be stable enough for towing yet still a blast solo...

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    i dont know if i would EVER tow with our blaster2..

too slow to tow, turn then get back to speed..

and it has like Riva carbs, Riva exhaust, Ride plate, nozzle, High Comp. Head..

it just dont think I would

Thread Information