(RONG) Ron Green

Best Paint Award
    (GPRPITMAN) Forrest Allen

Farthest Traveled
    (05Limited) Jefferey Sargent & Annetter Williams -
    Stockton, CA - 2 2005 Limiteds

+1
    Congrats to all!

"This is not a victory for me alone. I'd like to thank all that helped me in acheiving this award"

(For those not there and reading this, a brief synopsis:78mph dismount, (wake), with a double barrel roll in the air for my ski (Flipper) as it stuck the landin g by landing on its hull. Other than ma broken windshield, no damage and was able to run all next day.

Seriously, best outcome for a hairy situation. Thanks to all for your concern. Thanks to all that resolved the ensuing difficulty by removing the ski ande trailering back to Best Western (Robbie) calling and arranging for towing then supplying me with cellphone and a tech check, while still finding time to set a worlds record. (Kerry)
    Best time I've ever had riding was at The Bug. I highly recommend it. Everyone in the water is King of their own lake and you never have to turn your head too far to see the competition. They all right there!
    Thanks Jerry and your family and to all that made this all possable.

Man, I wish I could have been there. I might have been able to compete for the best paint award. lol Maybe if i didn't have that ugly silver seat.

+1
    There were so many beautiful boats there. I was an extremely hard decision. He not only had 1, but 2 beautifully painted boats.

So did LEO !
    Abbott, Mark, Ben, Jerry, Dan (JD-1)....and many more.....so many to choose from !!

Next year, I will make sure there will be medals/ribbons for second and third in each class.

There will be more awards and larger classes next time.
    I have a few volunteers that are willing to help offset the cost of the awards for next year. ...Thanks to those...

One of Forrest's boats

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/album...2de141f0ef2929

another

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/album...2de141f0ef2929

I'm still looking for a pic of the red one. If someone has a pic of it, can you please post it. Thanks

+1
    Alex, It was a close race to decide best paint. A lot of Beautiful skis...and Abbotts too

It finally had to be put to a vote between the participants.

+1
    You can tell, there was a lot of PRIDE and TIME put into everyone's Machines. Inside and Out !!!

+1
    As far as time and effort on an individual basis, Abbott wins hands down. It may look like a box of Crayons, but his ski has had a lot of personal attention

I will post a pic of the ski later just got home. It will be inside and out. Alot of people didn't even see the pipes inside. And yes I agree Abbott's boat is amazing

+1
    Before this thread gets out of hand about the best paint - i want to say one thing.

There were lots of beautiful ski's there and yes i work hard to keep mine great looking inside and out. But Billy came up to me and asked my opinion on the award and the majority of the people voted for Forrest including myself.

Let me tell you why (because pics will not do his boats justice--you had to be there to see them in person)---He had two GPR's there, each one with an incredible amount of work into them. One with a matching red scheme and the other a silver matching scheme. It took twice the effort to get those ski's like that than it did for me to do my one ski. He wins hands down IMO.

This award was not for the most gay colors inside the boat that people were seeing on mine, it was for best paint/graphics (total outside package). If you guys ever meet Forrest, you will see one of the coolest guys that you will ever meet and would give you the shirt off of his back (as would most people there anyway).

he worked hard and he deserves it in a big way. Hell, i am just glad to see i am not the only one eating crayons (his were just a darker shade of color) LOL...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information