RXTScott

Question Removing supercharger on speedster 150

OK - I removed the SC. Should I get the impeller changed out while I do the washers? Sending to Jerry. the rest is stock. Will do air intake soon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxtscott View Post
    OK - I removed the SC. Should I get the impeller changed out while I do the washers? Sending to Jerry. the rest is stock. Will do air intake soon.

Riva Gen II impeller - $450
    Metal Clutch Washer - $110
    Labor for clutch washers - $50

Total: ~$610 give or take.

Your stock 215HP puts out 7# of boost. With the Gen II wheel you might make it up to 8.5#...9.0# max if your lucky

What you should of done is just buy a stock OEM XCharger (that already has the metal clutch washers) for $699. I think the XChargers put out around 10.5-11#'s of boost. Granted you will also need a RRFPR for ~$300 to support this much boost.

Going from 7# of boost to 8.5# for $610 bucks isn't worth it to me. You probably won't even feel that much of a difference. But going from 7.0 to 11#'s will put you in a whole new ball park. Plus you will have a complete extra stock supercharger that you could keep for a backup or sell to recoup some of the cost.

Just my .02

It really depends on what your looking for. If you plan on doing a lot of mods than it would have been better to go the other route. But considering how many people are happy with the green wheel upgrade on there much heavier Challengers, I think that you will like it on the speedster 150 you have. when you get the charger back you "WILL" notice a difference but if you change your impeller at the same time you will get a very decent bang for your buck. Even if you were to upgrade to the Xcharger you would need to change out your impeller anyways to keep up with the extra boost. If you read up on the green wheel upgrade many people are happy with it and it's performance.
    But like I said it really depends on what you plan for this boat in the future.
    Good luck and let us know what you do.

I have a stock 2007 speedster 150 SC. I would like to upgrade without any major issues. I live in NOLA the boat will go 57-59 mph in Lake Pontchtrain by myself with a full tank of fuel. What is needed?? Thanks

Buckwheat

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheat View Post
    I have a stock 2007 speedster 150 SC. I would like to upgrade without any major issues. I live in NOLA the boat will go 57-59 mph in Lake Pontchtrain by myself with a full tank of fuel. What is needed?? Thanks

Buckwheat
    Make your own Thread, don't Hijack someone elses.

Thread Information