Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why isnt there a kit 4sale for the "homemade" air intake for 4tecs

Just wondering why the 4tec store doesnt throw together a kit with all the parts and "kanaflex" hose needed for the 4" "homemade" air intake? For people who do not have the time, know-how, proper stores that carry this stuff, dont know where to get it all, or cant be bothered to fart around looking for all the stuff, is there a place that will sell a whole kit? Just a suggestion.

Somebody talked about doing just that.....don't know what happened with it.

Did you try the search function?

Hi guys,
    Les Cookes Seadoo centre in Australia sells these kits. Not cheap tho. Follow the link.

http://www.seadoocentre.com/airintakemodifications.htm

+1
    Of course. Shipping will be from Australia.

I think the kits alone are $500aus. plus shipping. pretty expensive IMO.

+1
    I think I'm going to order 4" pipe in either aluminum or SS along with some couplers and build my own system.

Hey SeaGoat I plan on doing pretty much the same thing , if you want to wait until I get back I have all the equment to do it (tig machine ect ) , if you want to come up I can help you out with it .

Banned User
    +1
    When doing a Kanaflex intake setup, the final location of the airfilter will determine the toal cost/time involved...People can place it anywhere they want, therefore, no 2 installs are the same....its one of the those modifications that the installer can customize to meet THEIR desired result...

Yeah it is expensive. $530 AUS+GST+shipping to be exact.
    I would reconsider using a metallic pipe tho. There are many reasons why people are using Kanaflex or other type/brands of rubber ducting. Few obvious reasons are weight, the tendency to resonate intake noise with metal, the need to make substantial bracketing to support it and trying to get it all to fit(not much room in there!!)and what I think is the worst downfall is thermal conductivity. When metal gets hot, it stays hot where rubber will generally keep cool from the intake flow. Anyway just a few points to take into consideration.
    I just recently installed my own home made 4" intake using R&D 4" adapter, 4" rubber duct, spectre filter with outerwear and custom coupler and bracket. I instantly saw great results with a rise of 150 RPM, approx 3mph, greatly improved throttle response and an awesome sounding supercharger whistle from the front.
    If you interested I can post some pics of the finished install.

Best of luck
    Ned

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedo69 View Post
    Yeah it is expensive. $530 AUS+GST+shipping to be exact.
    I would reconsider using a metallic pipe tho. There are many reasons why people are using Kanaflex or other type/brands of rubber ducting. Few obvious reasons are weight, the tendency to resonate intake noise with metal, the need to make substantial bracketing to support it and trying to get it all to fit(not much room in there!!)and what I think is the worst downfall is thermal conductivity. When metal gets hot, it stays hot where rubber will generally keep cool from the intake flow. Anyway just a few points to take into consideration.
    I just recently installed my own home made 4" intake using R&D 4" adapter, 4" rubber duct, spectre filter with outerwear and custom coupler and bracket. I instantly saw great results with a rise of 150 RPM, approx 3mph, greatly improved throttle response and an awesome sounding supercharger whistle from the front.
    If you interested I can post some pics of the finished install.

Best of luck
    Ned

yes mate please do

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information