Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

QUICKSILVER FULL Synthetic PWC Oil?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

What's the word on the Quicksilver FULL Synthetic Oil? I just purchased a gallon because I noticed the price was exactly the same as AMZOIL. $37.00 @ Walmart. Quicksilver has "Synthetic additives" just like Amzoil has. Is it known to be a good oil? Will my PV's get sludged like they do with YAMALube? What should I expect? Thanks in advanced guys!

+1
    Sorry I am not sure on the Quicksilver oil. I do not have any tests on it. But we all know how tha AMSOIL works on the Powervalve engines just ask WaterWoody and RX951 they have engines with 80-100+ hours and look perfect. Actually the price on the AMSOIL is about the same shipped to your door if you become a preferred customer. Since you are in FL and the distribution center is in Orlando if you ordered it on a Monday you would get the oil on Tuesday. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...n/preferredapp

Quote Originally Posted by PWCManiac View Post
    What's the word on the Quicksilver FULL Synthetic Oil? I just purchased a gallon because I noticed the price was exactly the same as AMZOIL. $37.00 @ Walmart. Quicksilver has "Synthetic additives" just like Amzoil has. Is it known to be a good oil? Will my PV's get sludged like they do with YAMALube? What should I expect? Thanks in advanced guys!

Thanks, well, I figure I'll test it, once I'm close to being done with this gallon & I've consumed my gas tank, I'm purcasing the Amzoil. Chances are I'll go with the Amzoil as it is the recognized brand on the forum but I definitely was puzzled when I noticed that not only are the prices very similar, but the description of this Full Synthetic seems to be very similar to Amzoil as well. I started the thread to see if someone out there has already taken this oil out for a test drive. If anything I'll be the guinea pig & post results.

+1
    you guys are sooooo lucky having amsoil right on your door step and the price is superb,even if your not a prefered customer..

IF it can be got in the uk from time to time its more expensive than gold

+1
    I see that stuff at Bass Pro Shops. You couldn't pay me to use that stuff. I don't know why, but I don't trust it.

Is there any ratings or tests on WestMarine's brand of 2 stroke motoroil - about $27 per gallon? was told by the store manager that is equal to Yamalube and that Yahama's engine warranty still holds up with use of this oil.

I run quicksilver synthetic blend in my two strockes,
    have for years with no problems.
    Never tried the full synthetic- I do not believe it is TCW-3 so I stayed away!

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    You couldn't pay me to use that stuff. I don't know why, but I don't trust it.

See but that's the thing, I can't go with that type of advise. You are telling me you don't even know why you don't trust it. Usually people's opinion's are based on either personal experience or experience of those you know that have communicated it to you. I know people that use the WalMart brand 2 stroke oils on PWC's I've seen their results, not the best, I wouldn't use it, but I saw how truly sorry that oil is. The fact is that it's FULL Synthetic & it's made by Mercury so it has to be good. I just need to see if anyone knows someone that has used it before & what their results were.

+1
    Here's my thoughts - I would not trust my engine (that cost me thousands of dollars) to an oil nobody has used. I've used Amsoil Dominator since Lowell ported my engine in April of 2004, and recently sent it to him for another rebuild. He said, and I quote - "I've never seen an engine look so good after so many hours on it."

So why not use an oil we've been using for years and has proven itself, rather than being a guinea pig and run your ski on Quicksilver? Just doesn't make sense. But it's your ski - go for it.

I used it for about 2 years it runs clean. I switched though because I didn't like the smell..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information