2006 rxp wot rpm

I was wondering what the max rpm should be on a stock rxp sc. I am getting about 7900 rpm at 66.2 mph in mild chop and strong cross winds. Any info would be appreciated.

+1
    About 8000-8100. It does seem slightly low, but wind resistance and waves can cause it to jump around. If you used a gps to get your top speed, then that's about right. If you're using the speedometer that's on the machine, then you're low.

Thanks for the info on the rpm. I was using a gps for the speed.

I am not sure if it is a Michigan thing, like the altitude above sea level (1060ft), but everyone I see seems to run a little low on RPM's. My GTI seems about 1 or 2 hundred low, other people's skis I have tried on the lakes seem a little low as well. Unless we all have bad wear rings . My RXP, runs 7900, but it is still in break-in, I think it only shows an hour on the meter. The speedo seems to stop at 69, but I haven't ran it WOT for long. I didn't bother with the GPS yet. Waiting until I hit max RPM's in a couple hours. I will be surprised if I gain 200 after break-in though.

Be sure your Oil Level (warm) is halve way between the curved parts of the Oil Dip Stick on a level trailer.

A little too high Oil level can chisel at top rpm's

ryan, where do you ride.

I am newly relocated in Ann Arbor and I am looking for some places to ride. I have to been to Whitmore Lake one time this year. This is between Brighton and Ann Arbor on US 23. There are a couple of small lakes in my area but I am looking other places to ride and people to ride with. There are some lakes by Brighton and Howell also.

I ride out on lake st. clair if you ever want to make the 45 min drive. I would be happy to ride you across the lake and show you all the fun places to ride or down to the ambassador bridge. Join the michigan group in the midwest thread lower in the homepage on this fourm.

I would be glad to go to Lake st. clair. I have never been there. Let me know when you plan on going. I just got back into riding after several years and I need some riding company.

we usually go ride once a weekend, usually on sat or sun or both depending on the weather. Once i get out of school I will have alot more time to ride during the week then. I will go out, and usually my neighbors go too, they have 2 hondas. We lauch at about 8 1/2 mile, just off of 94. On the top right corner of the screen you can send me a PM and we can talk in there from now on and figure out when we are going to ride.

Thread Information