+1

leaking catch can?

I've recently installed the RIVA catch can and I do ride a lot in rougher conditions being by the ocean and all..

I drain the catch can after ever ride just to see what I caught .. not much, a dribble here, a dribble there

I've noticed that now after every ride, I have some of the liquid that has seemed to make its way in my hull right under the catch can and usually the catch can itself is covered in the blowby liquid..

My guess is its coming from the top of the can through the filter element... is there cover like the drycharger covers or anything I could do to keep this can from making a mess while riding in rougher conditions like the ocean? thanks -TJ

Quote Originally Posted by RXPteamtimebomb View Post
    I've recently installed the RIVA catch can and I do ride a lot in rougher conditions being by the ocean and all..

I drain the catch can after ever ride just to see what I caught .. not much, a dribble here, a dribble there

I've noticed that now after every ride, I have some of the liquid that has seemed to make its way in my hull right under the catch can and usually the catch can itself is covered in the blowby liquid..

My guess is its coming from the top of the can through the filter element... is there cover like the drycharger covers or anything I could do to keep this can from making a mess while riding in rougher conditions like the ocean? thanks -TJ
    usually the higher boost scer's make more blowby than a stock sc. i would check your hose clamps an make sure they are tight. maybe your valve wasnt closed all the way

+1
    ill admit, im kind of OCD when it comes to tightness of things or things being closed and open, everything is super tight, it appears to me that its sloshing around and coming out the top... anyone else have this problem?

Also, on the RIVA cans.. does the drain fixture at the bottom of the can screw on or connect some other way? mine freely spins... if its leaking here, it doesnt explain the blowby on the outside of the can
    Last edited by RXPteamtimebomb; 04-26-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling..

Quote Originally Posted by RXPteamtimebomb View Post
    ill admit, im kind of OCD when it comes to tightness of things or things being closed and open, everything is super tight, it appears to me that its sloshing around and coming out the top... anyone else have this problem?

Also, on the RIVA cans.. does the drain fixture at the bottom of the can screw on or connect some other way? mine freely spins... if its leaking here, it doesnt explain the blowby on the outside of the can
    it should not spin, i would say fix that first it should resolve your problem.

Thread Information