Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1997 Seadoo speedster jet boat twin 85hp engines only one revs up with throttle

Just drained my tank filled up with 93 octance gas I pulled all the plugs cranked motor no oil coming out the hole all new 4 plugs.

I cranked up my right engine meaning the right start button it cranked i gave it the throttle I could here it rev up good. I shut it off. I cranked up the left engine meaning the left start button it cranked up it didnt sound as lound as the right engine so then i gave it throttle and it didnt rev up it just ran idle. Thats prob why when my friend took it out after putting in the cab kits he said sometimes it would take off but most time not the left engine not rev up...

What could this be just trying not to have to take it to sea doo pay 300-400 bucks if it could be something simple.....

Thanks

Any ideas??

To me, when I had my 1997 Speedster I had the same issue.

The issue was a broken throttle cable on one of my shifters. Take the screws out of the shifter plate and lift it out, see if one of the cables snapped?

ok thnaks hope my friend that rebuilt the carbs remembered to hook up the throttle cable to the carb he said he did but if he dont think he was sure he prob wouldnt admit to it He would be shamed..lol

Quote Originally Posted by marionr26 View Post
    ok thnaks hope my friend that rebuilt the carbs remembered to hook up the throttle cable to the carb he said he did but if he dont think he was sure he prob wouldnt admit to it He would be shamed..lol
    Even if he say's he remembered, it's possible it snapped off OR the wire was old and frayed like mine was and just snapped with wear form the shifter end itself, not the carb end.

ok thanks so just check the cab and the shifter to see if both is hooked up....What is the price on a throttle cable if I have to get a new one....I just did a search on ebay one pulled up for a 98-00 wow it was 180.00 hope if I have to buy one its not that much. I wouldnt doubt it if that cable hasnt been on since 1997..lol I bought it last summer took it to sea doo they freshen it up said it was good to go I used it about 8 to 10 times ran good then I let it sit from Sept until about a month ago with only 1/4 tank gas I drained it. The carbs had to be rebuilt because the drain plug at back of boat was in all the rain for 6 months was in the motor compartment just sitting. Rebuilt carbs and replace one starter

ok thanks so just check the cab and the shifter to see if both is hooked up....What is the price on a throttle cable if I have to get a new one....I just did a search on ebay one pulled up for a 98-00 wow it was 180.00 hope if I have to buy one its not that much. I wouldnt doubt it if that cable hasnt been on since 1997..lol I bought it last summer took it to sea doo they freshen it up said it was good to go I used it about 8 to 10 times ran good then I let it sit from Sept until about a month ago with only 1/4 tank gas I drained it. The carbs had to be rebuilt because the drain plug at back of boat was in all the rain for 6 months was in the motor compartment just sitting. Rebuilt carbs and replace one starter
    The throttle cable is pricey, it was around that price when I bought mine about 4 years ago before I sold my 1997.

It's a pain to install as well, I just ended up getting the dealer to install it for me.

ok thanks yea called them it 164.00 maybe when i get in there the dummy may have forgot to hook it back up....lol hoping

broke throttle cable

Well the cable is broken sea doo wants 168.00 for it then a local boat repair place wanna charge 150.00 to put it on...

Well the cable is broken sea doo wants 168.00 for it then a local boat repair place wanna charge 150.00 to put it on...
    Thought so!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information