O'School Weekend update 4/26..

OK ,I'm starting this as a recap thread like a sports weekend addition and will try to post this every week if it works out and you fellows participate..

How did your jet skiing week go?What did you accomplish and what were the results..
    We know basicly what you have been trying to accomplish thru the last week...this is a tie up thread as we sometimes tend to not post results to issues and prob. solved ..

W/RPM500.. hand made gaskets and ss brackets for a protec pipe.. remachined and finished the mounting plate for said pipe,polished those pipes with stainless wool till they shined.. had a WR in the water for about four hours this weekend .. lazin and dazin.. saw some newer skis out playing and can't wait till the speed limit changes in another week!!!

UPDATE :went out again after posting this on the WR .. rough wake action about 8 inch waves gusting wind 10 to 20 mph , river at high tide , air 80's, water near the same ... fun as hell!!! , fell of about 5 times lol...

This is a good idea eric! this weekend i finished striping the cheap primer off that i used to true my hull next i am laying a marine epoxy primer and then some color also i got a ride plate that i traded JME for its a R&D pro series, i dont think i am gonna use it but it will be nice to have to swap out between that and my rpot carbon plate that is coming from elio..i polished the riva trim tabs with a 6 inch bench grinder with emory, red rouge, and white jewlers rouge i can see my self in the reflection haha ok last but not least i will be taking delivery of my skat trak 12 vein pump tommarow more on that tommarow!

+1
    Not much done on my part

Brought home Blaster #3

Mirror polished some SS brackets and aluminum parts

Got all the parts in order, and in one spot for installation on B#3

Spent time looking for more items for my trailer re-do

Wasted too much time reading here and not doing actual work

+1
    wasted time talking to MR KNOW IT ALL ...on this forum when I really should have been out there pondering my knowledge on skis Eric.

Skis....ran both and ran about 40 gallons total in the day. Raider back out with a good CDI with no speed tricks ran 64 at 7150 with 25-30 winds ...1.5 chop and not even a shimmed plate with 3/4 to almost full fuel in 85F weather.....sitting on the seat....I'll take it! Glass water...some shimming of the plate will result in 67mph on the raider or more if I stand on the back and get fuel down to 3-4 gallons. I'm sure I'll pick up at least 1-1.5 mph or so with higher compression head etc.

Blaster- Ran good other then 3mph slower then before. I went with a 13/17 concord tha Dave repitched and set back 3mm to try to get my RPM's up more and better bottom. I need to go down a jet or two on the high and I'm going to increase my pilot a jet size or so. It ran flawless all day and I noticed like my low speed at 1.5 out to not bog a bit so going to bump up the pilot and or drop my pop off to 80grams to fix that.

U?

other than the added a note to my first post.. I forgot to mention that I ordered a few jets M's 137.5 140, 143.5,P's 113.5,115, 117.5 and a 2.0 needle from D/K in calf for the piped W/R...( they had the best prices with shipping , along with a vest mounted whistle and a new kill teather.. damn if i didnt split mine.. it was a good one too)

any one know of some good slippery half glove on sale? gray/black xl's? p/m me..lost one...

Ttt.. Come on guys... Tell us what you did /accomplished this week/weekend!..i will post this again next weekend..

I shipped my cylinders out to get one resleeved and the other two honed. Started to install my riva trim tabs but the sun and beer was too good to pass up this weekend so I didnt get much done. 91 on Saturday and 88 on Sunday! I still have time to finish everything prior to my engine being finished. Hoping to get my cylinders end of this week or early next week.

well this weekend, i found out that i have a leak somewhere either in my hull, exhaust, or possibly a hose. i am going to run a water hose in the back of the hull today to see if it leaks out anywhere and if not then im taking it to the ramp and starting it up on the trailer to see where exactly the water is coming from

Thread Information