Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F12X Left Over Question

Can anyone here shed some light on left overs. Why so many? How far back in model year could you find a left over? I noticed that a poster "SoK" snagged a sweet deal on a 06 left over and I've been looking at a 07. Seems like there is about a $1k difference between the two years. Is that about normal? Will most dealers deliver and what's the average charge for delivery. Why are the prices around the country so different?

Sorry for the multiple questions, I'm fairly new and still trying to gather info before purchasing. I'm looking for two left overs F12x, I'm sold on Honda, and a double trailer for around $15K out the door. Is this possible for 07s? Would this be considered a buyers market for PWCs what kinda leverage do I have with these dealers? Is financing for PWCs scrutinized more like home loans?

Is there that much of a performance difference between the 07f12x and 06f12x? Should I wait a year for the price to go down on the 07s, or maybe wait for the 08s? I've checked and I can't decipher if there has been any major changes in body style, or new features from the 06 to the 08 models.

Thanks for any input.
    JVS

countrywide pricing depends on a lot of things. for example, a person in my field (job) in new jersey starts out making about 4k more a year than me, because cost of living is higher in that area.

PWC's are a toy, no other way to look at it. with the economy like this, there's a reason GM has test tracks full of cars they can't sell. it's tough for forcasters to predict how many of what people are going to buy. with a slumping economy, there are leftovers for just about anything you're in the market for.

Based on what I've been reading, the aquatrax leftovers are there, not because its a bad product or there are issues, just because they haven't been purchased yet. they probably overshot demand. I know you can't find any leftovers in a color other than red, i tried.

I would think 1k for a 1 year newer model is normal, anywhere from 750ish to 1k. depending on where you live obviously.

I would have bought an 07 if that was all that was left, but the better deal for me was on the 06, just because they're still out there.

It's a drive for you, but I'm getting mine from a place in toledo Ohio, they have 8 left in stock too. all red 3 seaters. They had even said that honda overshot production on the red 06's.

Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar
    Just as a point of reference, Kirby's Honda in Chanute, Kansas have been unloading leftover '05 Honda R-12s (non-turbo) at $4995 for a while now. Frankly, that's a hell of a deal, IMHO. I'd spring for one if I had the green. Which I don't.

http://kirbyssupersports.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by afcblink View Post
    Just as a point of reference, Kirby's Honda in Chanute, Kansas have been unloading leftover '05 Honda R-12s (non-turbo) at $4995 for a while now. Frankly, that's a hell of a deal, IMHO. I'd spring for one if I had the green. Which I don't.

From what I was told, First Coast Honda in Saint Augustine was doing BOGOs on '06s and has a ton of leftovers in stock.

woulda bought 2 had i found them at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    From what I was told, First Coast Honda in Saint Augustine was doing BOGOs on '06s and has a ton of leftovers in stock.
    I was just on there website and I did not find it. Did you actually see it or is that just a rumor?

+1
    Their salesman mentioned it when I was there looking at a 15X. I don't know if they currently are still running the promotion. They are the largest Aquatrax dealer in the Nation.

chances are thats a loss leader and they will tack on all kinds of fees once you try to pick it up. they low ball the price to get you in the door. notice there is an asterisk before the price.

"*Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected."
    Last edited by jpolete35; 05-06-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: did research

Honda R12-X Miami, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post

Mark Allen is the owner!! He use to be the GM over at Rick Case Honda now he has his own store...tell him "Sal" from Rick Case sent you off the pwc forum and he will "give it away"...awesome guy! Loves to make deals!

here are the NEW 06 f-12x deals closest to my area. chattanooga, tn, $6383 plus $99 doc fee and tax if applicable - and they had 7 left as of last saturday. brookhaven, ms, had 8 left as of last saturday. they are offering them at $5999 plus $95 doc, and of course, tax if applicable.

if there are any owners of this model out there who have had it in service for a couple seasons that can give a review, i sure would appreciate it. i am close to pulling the trigger on one of these deals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information