Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1

    140hrs and X charger failed again...

    S/C bearings failed at 70hrs now at 140hrs its gone again havn't pulled it yet to see what it is this time, but there is some movement up and down of the wheel and can just turn it by hand + no boost....Time for a new (different) charger I think.....Just lucky I was flushing it when it failed...


  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    metairie,la
    Posts
    709
    maybe you are coming unhooked to much

  3. #3
    yeah I think so... Funny thing is I put in a BOV three days ago

  4. #4
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    S/C bearings failed at 70hrs now at 140hrs its gone again havn't pulled it yet to see what it is this time, but there is some movement up and down of the wheel and can just turn it by hand + no boost....Time for a new (different) charger I think.....Just lucky I was flushing it when it failed...
    You would not see any boost on the hose anyways, I hope that it is not anything too bad If you can turn it by hand maybe you washers are slipping. How did you know it had failed?? A load of noise or something?? R88

  5. #5
    Dave Sharp dav_dman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    louisville Ky/so. IN
    Posts
    1,453
    +1
    1
    stock brgs?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    rome ga
    Posts
    938
    +1
    20
    We try to change the bearings before 50 hours if you ride hard change bearings @ 40 hours to be safe.
    It sux but it's better than trashing a motor.
    Also check the gear that the sc is riding on.
    use a mirror to look in the hole.
    Last edited by rxpstan; 04-27-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: gear rounding

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    We try to change the bearings before 50 hours if you ride hard change bearings @ 40 hours to be safe.
    It sux but it's better than trashing a motor.
    Also check the gear that the sc is riding on.
    use a mirror to look in the hole.
    i dont go over 50 hrs on my bearings either

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    You would not see any boost on the hose anyways, I hope that it is not anything too bad If you can turn it by hand maybe you washers are slipping. How did you know it had failed?? A load of noise or something?? R88
    engine was idleing funny while flushing when I reved it to get the rest of the water out the exhaust I noticed my BOV wasn't opening, Pulled air intake of and I could move S/C wheel...Kinda rattled up and down

  9. #9
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,887
    +1
    496
    What is it with the X sc bearings is it just because of riding style? I mean people coming unhooked and not letting of the throttle. Did the rxp sc have this problem not that I recalled?

  10. #10
    PEST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rockledge Florida
    Posts
    768
    I dont know were you got your Ski but the 08's require service of the Supercharger before 100 hours in fact the Ski should tell you when it needs service. To maintain warranty. That should tell you something

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1995 SLT 750 - Motor failed AGAIN!!
    By bnasty in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
  2. Supercharger fail again.............
    By eroled185 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 06:40 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 07:55 PM
  4. Riva rear air scr adapter and Rude1 charger
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 11:23 AM
  5. Riva Stage 3 and Rude Charger....
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •