Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Been chasing this GPR problem for a while now... Please help

I have a 2001 Gp12R with 120 Hours. The ski has a protec head, ride plate, intake grate, turbo tube, F/A's, Waveeater clips and couplers, converted to premix and some other minor bolt-ons.

Here is my question, the ski ran great all last summer but, on the last weekend on the water before i winterized it, I noticed that it had a bog when making hard turns and while accelerating/trying to get on plane. So, over the winter, i did compression check(130-131-129) and a complete rebuild on the carbs and found that the jetting was way off from the previous owner. So, i rejetted to the following specs in hopes of removing the intermintent "bog".

pilot 110

main 125
    Needle and seat 1.5
    spring 95 gram
    accel. Pump disabled
    1 turn lows
    1.5 turns highs

Then, i had the ski out 2 weeks ago with no problems, ran much better and i put about a 1/2 hour on the water. But, I had it out yesterday and the bog came back. I rode for about and hour and noticed it really started bogging after 15 mins of 18-20 mph crusing. It now idles perfectly, starts right up, and begins to take off when you add throttle but, it then bogs and will not pass 8-9 mph. I tried replacing the plugs, adding dry gas, checked the pump for debris, checked all lines and everything seems normal. I have not checked compression this season yet but, last year it was fine (need to get a new guage/old one broke).

Any ideas?? I really feel like its something in the fuel system/carbs that needs attention. Please advise me on where to start.

-Darren

+1

+1
    I would also wonder about popoff pressure. Did you check it when you rebuilt the carbs?

+1
    I agree. That stupid flapper Nailed me a few times

+1
    i had this same problem with my ski, it almost drove me crazy try'n to figure it out,
    and it was the fuel selector nob aparently it was sucking air and when coming out of a turn or under load it would bog,,
    before i eliminated the fuel selector nob i removed the fuel flapper in the tank but didnt solve it, so the selector noob was my issue

good luck man.

Hey guys, i will try the fuel flapper valve this weekend. Also, moving the selector knob does nothing. Weather its on reserve or "on", it still bogs.

Do you have the choke plates in or out?i have just done the excact same jetting specs with my carbs,i thought it would've been 120 mains with the chokes in,125 without.Also i take it you have replaced your fuel filter since doing your carbs?

Fuel filter replaced and choke plates still installed.

frozen fuel selector valve

hey guys: 1999 xl1200

had the same problem , after 2 months of chasing the problem and a lot of money . it was a frozen fuel selector valve stuck half open half closed so when i gave it throttle it would BOG. replaced the valve , problem solved. all of he following was not necessay :: complete rebuild on the carbs , removed the fuel flapper , compression check , Waveeater clips and couplers, converted to premix , D plate .... but now the ski is damm fast.

hope this helps.

+1
    just an idea,

on my skis I disconnect the fuel selector valve - I run a line directly from the reserve feed on the fuel sender to the fuel filter and then to the carbs

if you decide to leave the fuel selector knob in place then I would always use the reserve setting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information