Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2rude & SD centre ecu

went out this weekend with my 2rude set up, i was a little disappoinated with this set up but there was a few things i did like, last year i ran a rotax 8600 ecu rude, fuel controll and 50 lb inj. the ski would run mid 81 with a high of 81.79 mph but it would fiil my catch can every 20-30 min this set up ran very good so this year i went to a 2rude and seadoo certre 8600 ecu & 50's i was hopeing for some better #'s like 83-84 i know i need a little more tuneing but that would only get me a mph or less i was runing low 81's with a back to back run of 81.06 & 81.12 @ 8500 r's, slower than last year set up but the good news is i didnt get any oil-gax mix in my catch can after 2 days about 5 hrs of runing, o-well its still not a bad ride i should b ablet to get 20-30 hrs on my oil instead of 10 hrs the motor should last longer since i'm not washing down the cylinders with excess gas so 4 now i'll leave this set up on just do a little tuneing and hope for 82+

+1
    I dont think the les cooke ecu's are all there cracked up to be. The 04-05 rr ecu's kick ass when it comes to making power. Have you checked your a/f with the new set-up?
    Another thing to consider is that the les ecu is probably set-up to run with the knock sensor update wich you removed for the rr ecu.
    Your speeds do seem to be pretty low for your mods. I'm sure your location may have something to do with it but even considering that it seems low. You should be able to blow that prop out of the water with the 2-rude. even with the 81mm ring.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I dont think the les cooke ecu's are all there cracked up to be. The 04-05 rr ecu's kick ass when it comes to making power. Have you checked your a/f with the new set-up?
    Another thing to consider is that the les ecu is probably set-up to run with the knock sensor update wich you removed for the rr ecu.
    Your speeds do seem to be pretty low for your mods. I'm sure your location may have something to do with it but even considering that it seems low. You should be able to blow that prop out of the water with the 2-rude. even with the 81mm ring.
    yea i though it would run better i went faster with the old rude and rotax ecu mitch is running a les cook ecu and it kick ass, gps it sunday at 79.3 its a stock class legal p x boat he went 78.2 at hydro drags this spring, i put the piggy back harness back on. knock controll is the reason i went with the les cook ecu over the rotax, we also had 2 repitch the prop to 15/20-1 to turn 8500 r's, we did have 1 problem which might give me some speed the j pipe i was using which had a bung for the o2 sensor had a exhaust leak even though i had the riva 4" rear cold air intake i could c exhaust smut on the 4" addaptor going into the s/c so i wont b getting no a/f #'s soon just put the stock j pipe back on going to check my s/c slip tomorrow i'll put it back together this week and try her again if i cant get it to work i'll go back to the rotax racing with a rrfpr or a riva ecu

+1
    What are your boost #s?

never had a boost guage on last year i was running 81.4-81.79 on a rude and rr 8600 ecu that was good #'s so i really didn't care what were the boost #'s but now i would like to know i might put the old charger back on if i cant get it up to 83 or so to c if there any difference in s/c or try a different ecu, also i might haft to put the old riva i/c back on and take off the xs i/c. these were the changes rotax 8600 ecu 2 SD centre 8650 ecu rude to 2rude riva i/c 2 xs i/c with bleed off and i took off the rude fuel controler still have the 50 lb inj the 1 good thing is no more blow by
    in my oil catch can

+1
    So I'm wondering if your slip moment is to low on your 2Rude and not allowing it to make the boost that your Rude1 made. Cause I don't see what other difference there would be that would keep your catch can from accumulating all that oil. I mean is'nt catch can goo a by-product of high boost?
    Oh! I think "Catch Can Goo" is going to be the name of my new band.

OBJ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    never had a boost guage on last year i was running 81.4-81.79 on a rude and rr 8600 ecu that was good #'s so i really didn't care what were the boost #'s but now i would like to know i might put the old charger back on if i cant get it up to 83 or so to c if there any difference in s/c or try a different ecu, also i might haft to put the old riva i/c back on and take off the xs i/c. these were the changes rotax 8600 ecu 2 SD centre 8650 ecu rude to 2rude riva i/c 2 xs i/c with bleed off and i took off the rude fuel controler still have the 50 lb inj the 1 good thing is no more blow by
    in my oil catch can
    You guys have to understand that the Seadoo Centre ECU is programmed for CLOSED COURSE RACING!

when the maps are set/made Les doesnt go out and and run wfo for 1/2 mile, he maps everything on a closed course.
    If you are a weekend warrior you may want to rethink Seadoo Centre parts.
    When I tell people that if I ran my white turbo RXP 100% throttle for 1mile it would blow up, tey look at me like why would I own a ski you cant keep floored for a mile. Hope this helps

the settings on the Seadoo Centre ECU are way diff then the Riva/Rotax

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    You guys have to understand that the Seadoo Centre ECU is programmed for CLOSED COURSE RACING!

when the maps are set/made Les doesnt go out and and run wfo for 1/2 mile, he maps everything on a closed course.
    When I tell people that if I ran my white turbo RXP 100% throttle for 1mile it would blow up, tey look at me like why would I own a ski you cant keep floored for a mile. Hope this helps

sorry for the hijack, but how does the powerchips compare to the other ECUs mentioned

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    sorry for the hijack, but how does the powerchips compare to the other ECUs mentioned
    never seen one

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post

That makes sense.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information