Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

seadoo charger failure and law suits

heres a question for u guys over the water ,has anyone ever taken seadoo to court for sc failure ? i mean lets say u buy a px in 2008 and at the time no one tells u that the sc needs rebuilding after every 100 hours for stupid amounts of money ,but u do it at every 100 hours say for 2 years then just after the warranty runs out it blows and destroys the engine big time and seadoo/dealer say tough shit , isnt this a sale of a product that doesnt live up to its expectations .i just had mine rebuilt at 88 hours for about 1400 dollars (rough exchange calculation ) which is nearly 10% of the cost to buy it ,and it scares me every time i go on it ,that it will blow .i certainly dont want to keep it after the warranty runs out

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyq View Post
    heres a question for u guys over the water ,has anyone ever taken seadoo to court for sc failure ? i mean lets say u buy a px in 2008 and at the time no one tells u that the sc needs rebuilding after every 100 hours for stupid amounts of money ,but u do it at every 100 hours say for 2 years then just after the warranty runs out it blows and destroys the engine big time and seadoo/dealer say tough shit , isnt this a sale of a product that doesnt live up to its expectations .i just had mine rebuilt at 88 hours for about 1400 dollars (rough exchange calculation ) which is nearly 10% of the cost to buy it ,and it scares me every time i go on it ,that it will blow .i certainly dont want to keep it after the warranty runs out
    how is that going to hold up in court??? its your responsibility to maintain your engine. a clutch is a wear item and should be checked on a scheduled basis (50hrs or so) not to mention all the time and money to go to court not worth it IMO

because they have sold it knowing its failing all the time wether or not u replace or service , i dont think the yamaha sc need that maint or am i wrong .if u bought a car with a problem like that i think they would sort it no ?????

+1
    Certain parts on certain machines break when they are under use and abuse. I agree that they should've been liable for the ceramic washer failures knowing that there were aftermarket metal ones available that were holding up great. But now that they're metal from the factory they will have to be treated like changing breaks on a car. Seadoo has labeled it as a maintenance issue so the liability is completely cleared on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Certain parts on certain machines break when they are under use and abuse. I agree that they should've been liable for the ceramic washer failures knowing that there were aftermarket metal ones available that were holding up great. But now that they're metal from the factory they will have to be treated like changing breaks on a car. Seadoo has labeled it as a maintenance issue so the liability is completely cleared on their part.

thats what i mean they have washed their hands of it and that cant be right , i couldnt afford a new engine if it blew after only being 2-3 years old , could u ?????

+1
    If you have an 08+ then you dont need to spend all that money on a complete rebuild kit.

You only need the following:

• McMaster Carr Spring Washers
    • Riva Clutch Washers
    • R&D 16 tooth clutch gear
    • Shims
    • Clutch Bearings
    Buy the above components plus the tools to do the work yourself which is a 1 time investment and you can rebuild your clutch in no time and for a fairly low cost.

Contact a civil attorney and ask about filing a class action law suit. It would be on behalf of ANYONE who purchased a new Seadoo with a supercharger. The lawyer would only get paid if he wins and he/she would take a percentage of the settlement, generally 40%-60%. The remaining money would be spilt between anyone named in the suit. You would need a big city firm to handle it. The paper work would drown a small office!!

The problem is between the buyer and selling dealer (not BRP) for not disclosing the need to rebuild the SCs. My guess is that the selling dealer told you to read the manual - after you bought the ski of course... Ron

+1
    What happens to the clutches? I'm in the process of selling/buying 06rxt/06rxp...I haven't really heard much about this, other than a few isolated cases on rxt/p-x...I plan on doing the 100hr rebuild...Need I worry if I pull the charger at 50 and inspect it?

Yeah sometimes it sucks...I have a 99tahoe that uses dex cool anti freeze. GM recommended that dex cool be used (Iforgot why)...Well after a few years, it eats through your intake manifold gasket, which is what happened to me. GM started using metal reinforced gaskets around 2003-04. It cost me $800, most of it labor, but $100 for a metal reinforced gasket. I contacted them countless times without luck. They wouldn't even cover the cost of the reinforced gasket. There's a lot of people pissed out there and some even tried getting a class action lawsuit going. I'm not a fan of class actions, but the fact that they started using reinforced gaskets demonstrates that they found out there was an issue.

There ain't going to be a class action suit. First its a wear item I dont care what Yamaha did or didn't do. Clutches are wear items. Second Most riders don't put on 100 hours in 2 years. The people on this and other sites are not normal users (enthusiast's). Third That would be like suing cause you got a flat tire or your brakes wear out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information