Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

94 waveraider 701

Hi guys! Im new on the website and i had a question. I recently got a 1994, 701 raider and when i took it for a test drive in the water it wouldn't run over 35 miles per hour. I was also looking at a few off the raiders in here and i see they have new seat covers. Where can i get a hold of a seat cover to change it because the one that i have is faded.

+1
    Seat covers

Hydro turf
    Jet trim

In terms of speed...does the engine run great but rev up quickly in the water? If so it could be a pump issue. If the engine won't spin up it could be carbs, faulty heat sensor etc

More input plz =0)

A good place to start is checking the compression

IT does. It revs up quickly, but once it gets up to 35 miles an hour it gets stock there and doesnt go any higher. If i wanted to replace the heat sensor, where would the heat sensor be? Or if is the pump which pump should i be replacing. The compression to check is the one on the pistons?
    Out side of the water, when you accelerate it if sounds pretty good, but inside the water nothing.
    Below is the one that im currently working on. I recently stripped some of the stickers it had because i want to try to chance that color. Im trying to go with black and white.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raider1.JPG 
Views:	885 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	128538  

+1
    The temperature sensor is #4 in the attached pdf, on the head. That might not solve your problem. If it's bogging (revs up, but then it feels like its choking or being limited) at a certain speed / rpm, maybe your carb(s) need cleaning, or adjustment.

Incidentally, are you running pre-mix, or still using the oil injection pump?

I think the pump that Mpeavler is talking about is the fuel pump. And +1 on checking the compression. If you're only running on one cyl, that might explain the lack of speed.

Do you know the history of your ski?

Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have no clue of the jetskis history. A friend bought the house and it came with the house and he gave it to me so i have no clue. I think is still using the oil injection pump. Because when you open it up it has both containers the oil and the gas tank. So im probably going to check on the carbs to see if they are dirty or something. That back cover over the carbs i can remove and install similar ones that Mpeavler has on his in the picture?

+1
    I wish every house came with a watercraft!

Just because it has both containers doens't mean it's still oil injected, but it's a strong possibility. If you see a little pump with a cable going to it on the MAG side of the engine (the side facing the front of the ski), then it's still injected. The benefit of pre-mix is that if your oil ever stops pumping, you don't burn your pistons.

To properly clean your carbs you need to take em apart and see if there's any gunk in any of the jets. On the site there's a document about carb cleaning, etc. I'll attach the one for the SuperBN, not sure if it's the one you have.

If you want to install aftermarket flame arrestors (abbreviated F/A, which are the cone things in Mpeavler's pic), you'll need to re-jet the carbs. If your motor is stock, and you plan on keeping it that way, I wouldn't bother with them. First let's solve your speed issue.

Can you better describe what happens when you try and accelerate? Noises, feelings, etc?
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    Stock carbs would be mikuni 38mm BN carbs not the same as SBN

Im thinking 1100 triple let me gp look.

+1
    STOCK CARB
    deleted

+1
    94 wave raider 700.
    This is the right drawing it is a BN carb not sure if ita a 38mm or not

CARBURETOR
    This image is the property and Copyright of Yamaha Motor Corporation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information