allen bolt for carb

i was putting my carbs back on last night, bought 4 brand new allen bolts, when i was puttin the last bolt on i felt it pop..the bolt didnt break, but it wont stay tight, just spins. i dont know if the thread on the reeds broke or the bracket for the carbs. can i get away with just 3 allen bolts. it seems that there are enough bolts going all the way around to keep that thing from going anywhere. what are your thoughts?

+1
    Exactly what bolt did this? I can't tell from your description. Almost every bolt in the engine threads into aluminum, which is very easy to pull the threads out of. Sounds like you will have to put a helicoil in there.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Exactly what bolt did this? I can't tell from your description. Almost every bolt in the engine threads into aluminum, which is very easy to pull the threads out of. Sounds like you will have to put a helicoil in there.
    ski is gpr1200

when u remove the carbs there a bunch of big long bolts, then you have 4 allen head bolts in the middle of the carbs.

+1
    OH! To hell with those! I haven't run with those in 7 years. You don't need them.

OH! To hell with those! I haven't run with those in 7 years. You don't need them.

sweeeeeeet, thats the answer i was looking for. hey if you have some knowledge on primer installs, i could use your help on that for a few. 317.514.5106

chris

+1
    Screw the primer - they're nothing but trouble after they wear out. Use your stock accelerator pump to prime it. Reach around the back of the pipe and pump the button a few times.

Screw the primer - they're nothing but trouble after they wear out. Use your stock accelerator pump to prime it. Reach around the back of the pipe and pump the button a few times.
    carbs have been gone through and accel pump removed...i think i just figured it out anway, we'll seee if it works i guess.

Thread Information