Sponsons question >>>

Hello
    Can somebody please tell me the diference
    between those Sponsons ?? ( the one on the bottom
    is longer...Is it better ??)
    Thanx MIke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00079.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	626.5 KB 
ID:	128477  

the one off the craft may be longer, but the shorter one has better reach into the water. this can give you better yaw traction without the tram line effect when behind another crafts wake.

You will notice many race craft now use a deep reaching, short paddles that can be moved fore and aft along the sponson rail.

Sponsons

The curved sponson is off of a 1999, and 2000 XL/XLL. There was a recall on the 99 model and they were updated to the flatter 2001 style you have pictured. They are cheap to purchase new.

Try a search, there is info on this.

First of all thanx for the reply ..
    But looks like you have a different opinions
    and I am still confused..

+1
    The bottom sponson in your pic is the updated sponson. Yami changed the design. From what I understand they changed the desing because the older style allowed the ski to ride tilted sideways in the water at lower speeds..if I remember correctly.
    You will need to review the parts microfiche though because I thought there might be something different on some years with the backing plates if you change over to the newer style.
    I mounted the newer style sponsons on an old waveventure and they worked out very well. I don't remember the exact cost but it was pretty cheap...
    Good Luck
    Doug

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    The bottom sponson in your pic is the updated sponson. Yami changed the design. From what I understand they changed the desing because the older style allowed the ski to ride tilted sideways in the water at lower speeds..if I remember correctly.
    You will need to review the parts microfiche though because I thought there might be something different on some years with the backing plates if you change over to the newer style.
    I mounted the newer style sponsons on an old waveventure and they worked out very well. I don't remember the exact cost but it was pretty cheap...
    Good Luck
    Doug
    + 100
    i have a 99, and i am putting the updated on this spring to test, oem were horrible

Good Luck
    Doug
    Thanx For the reply..
    So you recomended not to use any of them ??? I have both that's why I try to find out witch one to use .. ( I dont want to spend money now on sponsons but If I have to I will wait and buy Riva ones..)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowMike View Post
    Thanx For the reply..
    So you recomended not to use any of them ??? I have both that's why I try to find out witch one to use .. ( I dont want to spend money now on sponsons but If I have to I will wait and buy Riva ones..)
    Use the updated version (bottom one's in the pic). They work real well for stock sponsons.

Use the updated version (bottom one's in the pic). They work real well for stock sponsons.
    Thanx Drew
    Thats what I was thinking. they came off my old ski , the one whats on now were on that hull .

Thread Information