Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heat exchanger specs/data?

Hi!
    I am about to get myself a nice heatexhanger, just need some data, if anyone could help me out here:

Waterpump/inlinepressure for a stock 4tec?
    Operative temp for the engine? (when the stock termostat opens and max operative temp)

Flow pressure from the jetpump? (Yamaha)

Also how big exhanger are you guys using today? plates, sizes? and what watertemps are you running in?

Thanks for all help!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExciterGPR View Post
    Hi!
    I am about to get myself a nice heatexhanger, just need some data, if anyone could help me out here:

Waterpump/inlinepressure for a stock 4tec?
    Operative temp for the engine? (when the stock termostat opens and max operative temp)

Flow pressure from the jetpump? (Yamaha)

Also how big exhanger are you guys using today? plates, sizes? and what watertemps are you running in?

Thanks for all help!!

i'm pretty sure op temp is around 170 F. I would like to know some most of what you are asking also, so hopefully someone will check in. Pjsc and addicted touch on heat x in their build threads so check them out. Lenco has all sorts of heat exchangers i will check the model number of the one i ordered and forward it to you.

sorry i will have to do more reading on pressures, though

www.lencocoolers.com

part# LE298633

Pjsc823 is using this model and says it is keeping his op temp right at 170 even at WOT. I plan on running the same unit. more testing needs to be done on heat x but danny is pretty smart on the pressure and flow stuff. Read through addicted's build thread, danny chimmed in on it.

+1
    I am running a 30 plate e-bay special.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/UL-Certified-30-...QQcmdZViewItem

I am seeing 185* at the head while running and 195-200* idling I also have the water flow chocked off to the exchanger. Next time out I will increase the water flow to the exchanger and see where the temps are. I know it is working because when I come off idle the temps settle in at 185*

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    copied from my thread. It's probably a good idea to have all the results in 1 thread in the conversion FAQ section. . . mods????

I went back to the OEM 5/8 yamaha water hose feeding the heat exchanger. No restrictors in the lines. still have 3 pissers, approx 30~35 psi @ 8150rpm. Once warmed up the analog gauge holds rock solid just under 180*F. so far so good.

Here's a link to the seller that I got it from on ebay. 16 plate. http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/flatplatehx

Okey thanks, I have a pro that works with a Swedish company called Laminova, they build heat exchanger for all types, rally, racing etc. Top quailty stuff!!

And they would help me out with the perfect setup, just once I got all the "data".

So please arrange help me out with this, and I will be able to do a test with this setup!!

+1
    Mike or steve, can u either take a good pic or draw up a diagram how you have yours routed (the water and coolant lines) ? thanks

+1

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I'm not sure if I have any pics. I'll see what I have after work. Pretty easy though. water in, water out. coolant in, coolant out. it really boils down to where you mount it and how or if you have pissers hooked up, ect.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    I'm not sure if I have any pics. I'll see what I have after work. Pretty easy though. water in, water out. coolant in, coolant out. it really boils down to where you mount it and how or if you have pissers hooked up, ect.
    yes i'm mainly concerned with how many pissers u are using and where are you dumping them from.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information