Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Did your boaters insurance rates go up this year?

I just received my progressive boaters insurance statement in the mail. I have been with progressive for a few years now. It's a 1 year policy for my 2006 Sea Doo Sportster 155HP. This years insurance premium is $579.00

I don't remember my boaters insurance ever being this high for my sea doo sportster? I have a clean driving record with no points....So I called Foremost Insurance and they quoted me $371.00 for the same insurance coverages...

So looks like I'll be dropping my progressive insurance and going with Foremost this summer. Anybody notice that there Progressive policy went up this spring? Also anybody familiar with the company Foremost? Are they a good insurance company to deal with? Thanks for any info....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    I just received my progressive boaters insurance statement in the mail. I have been with progressive for a few years now. It's a 1 year policy for my 2006 Sea Doo Sportster 155HP. This years insurance premium is $579.00

I don't remember my boaters insurance ever being this high for my sea doo sportster? I have a clean driving record with no points....So I called Foremost Insurance and they quoted me $371.00 for the same insurance coverages...

So looks like I'll be dropping my progressive insurance and going with Foremost this summer. Anybody notice that there Progressive policy went up this spring? Also anybody familiar with the company Foremost? Are they a good insurance company to deal with? Thanks for any info....
    I cant remember what mine is but i pay just under $400 canadian for my sportster. I went through the company my folks use for their boats, cars and their houses and have never had a claim. They tried to raise it once but we told them where switching everything and where to stick it and they gave me my old rate back. My car is with Johnson insurance and it went up from $75 a month to $85 a month guess i cant complain to much concidering i have 6 speeding ticket on my record, everytime i got a ticket my rate droped guess to finally caught up with me ...

Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    I cant remember what mine is but i pay just under $400 canadian for my sportster. I went through the company my folks use for their boats, cars and their houses and have never had a claim. They tried to raise it once but we told them where switching everything and where to stick it and they gave me my old rate back. My car is with Johnson insurance and it went up from $75 a month to $85 a month guess i cant complain to much concidering i have 6 speeding ticket on my record, everytime i got a ticket my rate droped guess to finally caught up with me ...
    Who do you have your boat insured with?

I am up for renewal next month on my 2007 Speedster SCIC and my rate hasn't changed, but its $580 CAD with Marine Expert.

$191 for the year w/Progressive 18k agreed value with all the liability's.
    2007 215hp 150

This is tied to a larger policy for another boat BUT they both dropped in price. This is in Ohio. Possibly check with another boating Insurance pro like Worldwide Marine Insurance out of Lansing Mi. This is in no way a plug for them just what works for me.

+1
    mine is about $425/yr for an 07 speedster 150 215hp. thats with 300k liability

Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    mine is about $425/yr for an 07 speedster 150 215hp. thats with 300k liability
    Ouch I pay a bit more but at least get $1,000,000 liability, $300K seems low?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 328iGuy View Post
    Who do you have your boat insured with?

I am up for renewal next month on my 2007 Speedster SCIC and my rate hasn't changed, but its $580 CAD with Marine Expert.
    I cant remember the name cause they changed there name and all the stuff is at the cottage but it was called Bayfront insurance out of Port Rowan Ontario. and i think i have $2,000,000 liability.

Banned User
    Hi,

Without knowing all the particulars of your boat, I'm not in a position to comment on the prices you received for your Speedster. However, if you would call or email me, or fill in one of the quotation forms on the website, I'd be happy to provide you with a comprehensive quotation.

Our company has been selling boat insurance for over 60 years, and we cover all kinds of vessels, including PWCs. Which is a good thing, because I'm a rider as well.

Andrew Robertson
    Robertson & Robertson Yacht Insurance
    skippersplan.com
    Last edited by Skippers Plan; 02-27-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Forgot to sign the post

Mine actually went down by 5%, from $268 to $255. Insurance premiums have always been low in Utah. Mine is from Progressive, for an '08 180SE Challenger, $500K coverage, $250 deductibles, uninsured/underinsured, comprehensive, road side and boat towing coverage. I couldn't get an instant quote on $1MM, but based on the differences in the other coverage levels, it probably wouldn't be more than $50 or so more.

YIKES im clean and progressive quoted me $2000 a year on my speedster 200 430! I told them to go to hell! They must hate florida boaters!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information