Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

good #'s,thanks abbott

on my EFI boat i was running 71.0 MPH at 7250 RPM at 7.7.5.9 on my EFI abbott suggested i run 6.6.6.9 so i tried it and ran 72.1 MPH at 7280 RPM i know i need more prop to get into the 7150 RPM range thanks to abbott...anyone need help with your ski PM him...The best advice is free advice that actually works....this guy knows his stuff...thanks again

+1
    well i don't know it all by any means (i wish i knew 1/2 of what some of these guys know) . I have had some play time on two Fuel injected boats last summer in my area here which both had Fuel Controllers on them (guys i used to ride with).

It just takes time to get the right dial on those things but generally every ski is different in some way shape or form. With a list of mods, i can get it close but not perfect (unless i have a summer with it).

There is a lot that i do not know, but i take notes on things every night at the computer from some of the best tuners out there. Billy is a great one to learn from (RX951), Richard Patterson (WFO), Sponge Racing, Spud out in California, Mark Clemons (Hydrotoys), Forrest (GPRPittman), and many many others.
    Most of the time i will not know an answer but can get it for you quickly from some of the others out there.

But i am glad that worked out for you. That is why the forum is here my friend!

+1

Re: good #'s,thanks abbott

Quote Originally Posted by DaGoblinEatR
    on my EFI boat i was running 71.0 MPH at 7250 RPM at 7.7.5.9 on my EFI abbott suggested i run 6.6.6.9 so i tried it and ran 72.1 MPH at 7280 RPM i know i need more prop to get into the 7150 RPM range thanks to abbott...anyone need help with your ski PM him...The best advice is free advice that actually works....this guy knows his stuff...thanks again
    I have a prop i want to send to you to try out. Are you still spinning a 13/19 at those rpms?

You could use a taller prop to bring those rpms back down into the power band 7150-7190 range. I have a 14/19 but i dont think that is going to be enough for you.

Send me your address anyway and i will send this prop to you to try out and if it works for you, then you can have it to keep. I will take care of shipping, but i would like to know what it does (and it may not help much--but let's see).

Re: good #'s,thanks abbott

Send me your address anyway and i will send this prop to you to try out and if it works for you, then you can have it to keep. I will take care of shipping, but i would like to know what it does (and it may not help much--but let's see).
    See goblin,who else would help you out like John.
    I'm not trying to start a war people,I have seldom seen people offering to send a part out then tell em they can keep it,no charge.

I just checked the box it came in and i have a solas concord 14/20 right now pulling 2280 RPM's so i don't think the 14/19 would help bring my RPM's but thank you for offering that...what do i need to have my prop repitched to??? 15/23 still?? thanks abbott

What are you doing out testin today? Did ya forget to go to work
    P.S. I'm not sure I like those numbers

hey doug i tested last night at smithville lake....but yes i also came home from work today...i smoked an RXP while i was out there...it was stock i'm sure but none the less an RXP....just doin some tuning gettin ready for when you hit the water i think i'm gonna need more speed though....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoblinEatR
    I just checked the box it came in and i have a solas concord 14/20 right now pulling 2280 RPM's so i don't think the 14/19 would help bring my RPM's but thank you for offering that...what do i need to have my prop repitched to??? 15/23 still?? thanks abbott
    10-4 on that - your right. Ignore my last PM to you then.
    That is great -lets try the 14/20 and see what the rpm's are. Try and test it in the same conditions (temperature mainly).

Let us know!! And remember that changing props may require a little tweeking of the EFI Controller in order to spin a taller prop to the right rpm range. Lets see what it does first though.

14/20 is what i have on there right now...that's what's getting me 7280 RPM is the 14/20....

+1
    ohhhhhhh ok--sorry - i am retarded.

15/23 might just be spot on for you then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information