Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

**Updated-pricing**SEA-DOO GTI 130 a good ski?

I am looking to replace my wife's '04 Polaris Freedom with a new 4 stroke. I have an opportunity to pick up a brand new '07 GTI 130 (not the SE) for 4899 + fees, but have absolutely no experience with SEA-DOO's 4 strokes.
    So, how does the GTI 130 compare to a VX110 (my other ski) in terms of:
    1)Reliability-Top priority
    2)Stability-no "loose" handling
    3)Acceleration
    4)Top speed
    Thanks.
    Last edited by cnj; 05-10-2009 at 08:35 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    I am looking to replace my wife's '04 Polaris Freedom with a new 4 stroke. I have an opportunity to pick up a brand new '07 GTI 130 (not the SE) for 4899 + fees, but have absolutely no experience with SEA-DOO's 4 strokes.
    So, how does the GTI 130 compare to a VX110 (my other ski) in terms of:
    1)Reliability-Top priority
    2)Stability-no "loose" handling
    3)Acceleration
    4)Top speed
    Thanks.
    First off, you are getting a steal of a deal on that ski
    Reliability, as good or better than the yamaha, will cost more to maintain than the yamaha (sea doo oils cost more)
    Stability, much better than the yamaha, the gti is a tank.
    acceleration, as good if not better than the yamaha
    top speed, more than likely faster than the yami.
    Hope this helps. -Nick

GTI SE 155
    I have an '07 GTI SE 155, and it's been dead-nuts reliable. 4-tec engines, especially the non-SC versions, are near bullet-proof. You are getting a steal...the 130 HP motor gives up little, if any to the 155HP (I've driven both). I think it will be a better "fit" if you or your wife are tall, as I think the seat is a bit taller than the VX. I think the GTI ride is dryer as well
    Does the one your getting have reverse?

+1
    I have an '08 GTI SE 155.

1)Reliability, it's a sea doo, so that mean's closed loop cooling, which is a plus compared to a yami. As long as you followed maintainence schedule, it should last you a long time.
    2) The GTI is VERY stable and tight, with 2 people. With 3 people, it gets a little unstable, but you won't find a ski that doesn't.
    3) and 4) Never been on a 130, so I can't be sure. It's pretty quick when you hit the throttle, but is no rxtx. I GPSed my ski on saturday, in the hudson river, with a second person, in not so favorable conditions and I hit 58. I think I could get it to the LOW 60's in ideal condtions, but again, I have the 155.

At the price, it seems like a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by fastexas View Post
    Does the one your getting have reverse?
    Yes, I believe both the standard GTI and GTI SE both have reverse. According to the dealer, the SE adds:
    • speedometer
    • lake temp display
    • mirrors
    • rear boarding step
    • black colored bottom hull
    So I got some clarification on the price. Seems like the fees are very high....4899+freight, set up, tax, registration + 6300 OTD total. I realize tax and regist are non negotiable, but they still want approx 900 frt & set up. Hmmm. Maybe not such a good deal now??

$1401 added to the base price of the ski seems very Very VEry VERy VERY high! I would walk on this and look for another ski. JMHO... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    $1401 added to the base price of the ski seems very Very VEry VERy VERY high! I would walk on this and look for another ski. JMHO... Ron
    Yeah, kinda seems that way, huh? At least the feedback seems to say that the GTI 130 is a good ski though!

dealers will bend you over on all that extra fees. I always hear that its best to deal OTD price, that way you cant get screwed with extra fees. My Aunts friends last year got 2 new GTIs with an OTD price of around 12k, so you should be able to do better then that.

The fees made it not that good of a deal. Not bad, just not a good deal. I have a GTI SE 130. We like it. I have ridden a Yammi VX, I liked the GTI better. It felt more stable, especially with two people. The speed feels the same, the GTI might have better acceleration, that is what it felt like anyway. I have had mine for two years with no issues, just oil changes. The GTI did win watercraft of the year from some magazine a few years ago, when they came out with the current style in 06. Mine GPS'd at 56 with almost no mods. Who knows, maybe if you blow the dealer off they will call back with a better offer, I have had that happen more times than not with skis, cars, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Who knows, maybe if you blow the dealer off they will call back with a better offer, I have had that happen more times than not with skis, cars, etc.

To be honest, they are probably trying to get rid of the ski because it's an '07. I agree, if you walk away, I bet they come after you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information