Thread: Tired of your trailerr receiver
04-29-2009, 04:24 PM #1
Tired of your trailer receiver making noise and moving back and forth?
This product works great and locks your receiver to the vehicle. Check with your local Uhaul.com locations they are only $17.95 from them everyone else wants $25-$30 Part number: 13143
- Insert the spring nut into the shank tube of the tow accessory as shown in figure 1. Make sure the nut threads ar in alignment with the shank pin holes.
- Slide the shank with the spring nut installed into the hitch receiver and align the shank pin hole with the hitch receiver pin hole.
- Place the lock washer on the Silent Hitch Pin™ and insert it through the hole in the receiver as shown.
- Thread the Silent Hitch Pin™ into the spring nut, then slide the metal sleeve over the pin and attach the lock (the look of the lock will vary depending on the Silent Hitch Pin™ model purchased). Tighten firmly with a wrench for proper function.
05-03-2009, 07:58 AM #2
I bought one of those. I never really thought about it until the other day, but I always lock the trailer to the ball, but nothing stops someone from just pulling the drawbar out of the receiver.
05-03-2009, 11:00 AM #3
Also nothing stops someone from taking the nut off the bottom of the hitch ball and taking the trailer, except this.
MasterLock Reese Towpower Locking E-Z Mount ™ Hitch Ball addresses the last vulnerable area for trailer theft, when the trailer is attached to the tow vehicle. When a receiver lock and coupler latch lock are used, a thief can still remove the trailer by simply removing the nut on the hitch ball and then pull the coupler and hitch ball out of the drawbar.
- Hitch ball lock blocks access to the hitch ball nut
- Patent pending
- Limited lifetime warranty
05-03-2009, 01:18 PM #4
Those are nice, but you still can steal a trailer with one wrench and a few seconds.
Take the nut off the bottom of the coupler. The one that holds on and adjusts the "tab" that tightens against the ball.
Locks are for honest people.
05-03-2009, 10:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- near Toronto, Canada
05-04-2009, 08:41 AM #6
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By flyboy in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-29-2007, 06:03 PM
By creativepuzzle in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 3Last Post: 04-06-2007, 06:51 PM
By 800AMSOIL4U in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 09-10-2006, 03:40 PM
By 800AMSOIL4U in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
By 800AMSOIL4U in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2006, 05:36 PM