Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    98 XPL, boggs after coming out of water.

    Ok guys, just put the XPL back in the water and when I jump a wave, or anytime it comes up out of the water and goes back in its almost like it boggs, or loads up on fuel and it takes it a second to clear up. Any ideas?


  2. #2
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Too rich.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Too rich.

    It didnt do it at the beginning of last summer. It's all stock except for a intake grate.

  4. #4
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Ok, my first guess would be RAVES sticking open. That will kill low end. Also, when was the last time carbs were cleaned? Fuel lines replaced? The accelerator pump orfices can be clogged too.

    Did you run your carbs dry before winterizing last fall? If not, the fuel varnished inside. Sea-Foam is an excellent fuel system additive/cleaner.

  5. #5
    steach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rock Tavern, NY
    Posts
    3,174
    +1
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by JBradshaw00 View Post
    Ok guys, just put the XPL back in the water and when I jump a wave, or anytime it comes up out of the water and goes back in its almost like it boggs, or loads up on fuel and it takes it a second to clear up. Any ideas?
    -my bet is glogged fuel filters. When you come out of the water you over-rev the motor. The bog you feel may be the recovery from a slight sizeure.
    -if the fuel lines are grey Ill be 100% sure.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Ok, my first guess would be RAVES sticking open. That will kill low end. Also, when was the last time carbs were cleaned? Fuel lines replaced? The accelerator pump orfices can be clogged too.

    Did you run your carbs dry before winterizing last fall? If not, the fuel varnished inside. Sea-Foam is an excellent fuel system additive/cleaner.
    No, I didnt run them completely dry. Should I add a little seafoam to a tank of gas?

    I rebuilt the carbs and did all the fuel lines mid way through last summer.

    I also cleaned the raves and made sure they were properly working. My waterbox rave (regulator) has a pin hole in it. Could that cause it?


    Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    -my bet is glogged fuel filters. When you come out of the water you over-rev the motor. The bog you feel may be the recovery from a slight sizeure.
    -if the fuel lines are grey Ill be 100% sure.

    Answer above.

    All the fuel lines have been replaced.

  7. #7
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Yes, run some Sea Foam through it. It will probably clear it up. That stuff is the best I've ever used.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Yes, run some Sea Foam through it. It will probably clear it up. That stuff is the best I've ever used.

    Add a whole bottle to a full tank of fuel?

  9. #9
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    I think a full 16oz. can is to no less than 15 gallons. Check the instructions on the label to confirm. So if full, you should be ok.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JBradshaw00 View Post
    It didnt do it at the beginning of last summer. It's all stock except for a intake grate.
    If it was running good before the new intake grate, I put the old one back on ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Water not coming out of water pilot on 2004 waverunner xlt 800
    By relaxstation in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 10:04 PM
  2. 98 xpl redline out of water
    By sbell914 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 10:06 AM
  3. gp 760 coming out of water
    By yz450f in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 09:40 PM
  4. 72 mph, no tabs, coming out of the water, fix?
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 10:24 AM
  5. water coming out of the spark plug holes
    By big mark in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •