Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reliable but fast setup? Help me out.

So here is the deal. I'm just in the planning stages. I want to build a 80 mph stock ECU 2004 RXP, but I want it to be as reliable as possible. During the summer it's 110+ degrees with water temps in the upper 80's. Elevation is a little over 1000 feet. I realize hitting 80 in these conditions isn't really realistic, but in the winter months I think it is very possible. As you guys may or may not know, where I ride can get VERY rough (look at my avatar).

Would I have problems running a big SC like the 2Rude if I ride in rough water about 50% of the time? Coming unhooked all the time puts a lot of stress on the superchargers in general. I want low maintenance on my new setup.

I was thinking about doing this, what does everyone think?

- 2Rude
    - Riva Waterbox
    - Rude RRFPR
    - Fizzle's XS kit
    - 42's
    - Solid front motor mount
    - Skat-Trak drive shaft seal
    - 15/20 prop
    - Strainer

Should I be looking at running a smaller SC like the Riva X-charger Pro-Series or even just a regular X-charger?

Again, reliability is the name of the game here.

+1
    With your riding conditions I wouldnt go any bigger than rude 1 or upgraded x-charger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    With your riding conditions I wouldnt go any bigger than rude 1 or upgraded x-charger.
    +1

+1
    I think the 2rude is high maintenance irregardless of riding conditions. It's just a fact of life with high boost and clutch washers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    +1
    I was out last weekend on the RXP in some of the roughest water to date. Beyond Windy and a butt load of boats.

It will make you crenge when you come unhooked (RXP with 2 Rude)
    Even at mid rpms it is still more then what you want to hear. I am sure I lost some slip this past weekend and was powered up for no more then an hour all day in the ocean.
    Had to find party cove and just sit back out of the wind.
    I did run a 30+ ft. caterman (70 mph boat) on the T-X.

Opps, got off topic.

Does Jerry or Nils still sell or make the Rude1?

+1
    I think that you may still be able to get a rude1, PM nills Im sure he will hook you up. As said before I would go with an upgrade X charger. I know that you said you dont wana run an ECU but IMO i think its the only way of getting high speed without big boost and lots of farting around. Remember that you dont have to get the whole valve upgrade you can just run the light retainers up to 8650 check the website at the bottom. The price of 42s and the 50s is the same. Plus you wouldnt need the RRFPR to run a X charger. I think if you go with a re-map over an off the shelf ECU you can tell them your mods and they will map as per that. Just food for thought, I am just aware of what some members have had to do to get to 80 on stock ECU, it normaly involves big boost (high maintenance) lots and lots of setup time and tuning plus damn flat water with the right temps. R88 http://www.seadooperformance.com/sea-doo.html

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I think that you may still be able to get a rude1, PM nills Im sure he will hook you up. As said before I would go with an upgrade X charger. I know that you said you dont wana run an ECU but IMO i think its the only way of getting high speed without big boost and lots of farting around. Remember that you dont have to get the whole valve upgrade you can just run the light retainers up to 8650 check the website at the bottom. The price of 42s and the 50s is the same. Plus you wouldnt need the RRFPR to run a X charger. I think if you go with a re-map over an off the shelf ECU you can tell them your mods and they will map as per that. Just food for thought, I am just aware of what some members have had to do to get to 80 on stock ECU, it normaly involves big boost (high maintenance) lots and lots of setup time and tuning plus damn flat water with the right temps. R88 http://www.seadooperformance.com/sea-doo.html
    I totally see what you are saying. I'm trying to build an extremely reliable setup at low cost, that's why I want to see the stock ECU. I figure if I leave the RPMs at 8100, that will help with reliability.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    I totally see what you are saying. I'm trying to build an extremely reliable setup at low cost, that's why I want to see the stock ECU. I figure if I leave the RPMs at 8100, that will help with reliability.
    Yes the lower RPM will help with reliabilty and longterm life of the engine but it makes your goal of 80 very difficult, You will have to go with 1 of the big chargers and therefore are introducing high maintenence and possible problems. Also dont think that the RRFPR is a bolt on success everytime. It has and does work very well for lots but im not alone in saying it has its problems. You will prob need an upgrade fuel pump. Im now looking at getting a BEGI fmu so that I can get my fuel issues sorted. The RRFPR has left me with high base pressure just to get what fuel I need up top. This issue would only be made worse by having more boost. IMHO if you wana go fast then your looking at having to take more time maintaining things. I may sound a little negative but I kinda brought into the whole buy all this stuff, bolt it on and the ski will be fast. I was never looking for every 10th mph but just getting the fuel right on my ski has been a PITA. I will be getting a ECU this winter but I wont be running 8600. R88

+1
    I agree with these guys. It looks like you should be going with an X-charger and will have to be happy with upper 70s in your situation. I can see that you really want to keep reliability. A 15 psi charger and/or an aftermarket ECU are obviously going against that as you can see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information