Maroon 5 guitar for sale!

My dad got a signed maroon 5 guitar at a auction!

$$$$ 2,500

post pics tomorrow

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    how did you come up with the 5K asking price? your gonna need to know things like type of guitar, number in circulation... was it one they actually played or was it something they signed. also may want to take into account how old it is too

+1
    Ok again... my area of income... My bet is its a squire because generally when guitars are raffled for charities or sweepstakes they find the cheapest guitar they can buy and hope the band signing it will validate some kind of rediculous price... I wish you luck but Maroon 5 isnt exactly tearing up the charts these days and if its a squire its worth $2-to $300 if the buyers into the band.. Get me some info and ill tell you what its worth... I sell guitar on the daily ranging from $100 to $50k No joke, and everything in between...

i no its a fender

ill get all the info tonight about it haven't opened it in a while

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skyline99k View Post
    i no its a fender

ill get all the info tonight about it haven't opened it in a while
    psst... Fender and Squire are apples and oranges.... The fender SQUIRE is a model...

Take pics of the back of the head, where it says (probably) made in Mexico, or even worse, made in China..

I agree.. 5k for a signed Maroon 5 guitar is a little out there... A signature would only make it worth a few hundred more than the actual price of the guitar.

Hell, if that's the case, I have a signed Ritchie Sambora strap that he actually WORE during an Acoustical Duet with Jon in NY 16 years ago.. I'll sell it for 2k and throw in a pic of my MOM talking with Richie while he is signing the strap..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolie View Post
    psst... Fender and Squire are apples and oranges.... The fender SQUIRE is a model...

Take pics of the back of the head, where it says (probably) made in Mexico, or even worse, made in China..

I agree.. 5k for a signed Maroon 5 guitar is a little out there... A signature would only make it worth a few hundred more than the actual price of the guitar.

Hell, if that's the case, I have a signed Ritchie Sambora strap that he actually WORE during an Acoustical Duet with Jon in NY 16 years ago.. I'll sell it for 2k and throw in a pic of my MOM talking with Richie while he is signing the strap..

Squires are now made in indonisia by lil kids in a sweat shop... True story... And unless its a custom shop Fender or a vintage Fender its not worth $2500.. To put it into persepctive... I sold the guitar Carlos Santana played in the "Smooth" video.. It was his touring guitar WITH DOCUMENTATION and a signature on it for 5K... Resale on the guitar used is about the same... And this was in 2000 when that song was on the radio every 6 seconds...

+1
    that would have been a sweet guitar... Until then, I'll continue on my Custom Ibanez RG series for rockin' out, my beautiful Leslie (Les Paul), golden and red starburst for my blues and showmanship, and my Dean acoustic for family gatherings..

I really need to get my classical fixed, or just buy a new one... Some clapton, Taylor and Mason Williams sounds like ass on a steel string...

Thread Information