Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1000 RPM drop!!

1000 RPM drop!!

hi

i installed my 4" on my RXPX, took the ski on the water and it was running great hitting approx 8100 out of no where it dropped to 7100 !!! i poped the seat and everything seamed fine i didnt have time to open everything again so i will do it today and before that i want to hear some opinions that might help
    Last edited by Cdoo EtR; 04-29-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: mistake

+1
    Clutch washers or a boost leak. Check all your hoses and then check for slip.

by the way my guess is the flexpipe i bought is a cheap a$$ one i think its collapsing on vacume when building boost..i couldnt get the kanaflex one because its hard to get in our country here, just to make sure i bought a better quality flex and will open things today and see why im loosing RPM...

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Clutch washers or a boost leak. Check all your hoses and then check for slip.
    i checked all my pipes after assembling, and i dont think its a slip because if it was a slip the rpm should be around 6500

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdoo EtR View Post
    i checked all my pipes after assembling, and i dont think its a slip because if it was a slip the rpm should be around 6500
    NOt true, if you were running 8,000 rpm and you droped to 7,000 rpm you can be sliping. I caught my T-X at 30 hours the exact minute it droped to 7,600 rpm and sure enough was slipping more then in good range.
    Check slip, check your intercooler hoses and exhaust hoses especially on mid pipe. The stock clamps are prone to coming loose.

+1
    by the way my guess is the flexpipe i bought is a cheap a$$ one i think its collapsing on vacume when building boost..i couldnt get the kanaflex one because its hard to get in our country here, just to make sure i bought a better quality flex and will open things today and see why im loosing RPM...
    If you think it might be an issue run it with out any hose connected to sc and you will know, but my money is on sc or ic hoses.

will do and will let you know...thanx for the advice

+1
    By the way, I would advise installing the riva washers.
    Hope you figure it out.

I had the same problem the flexible intake hose was collapsing under full boost, take hose off & have a run should be mint. My SC Slip was fine. Building Alloy 4" Intake now.

Cheers

i had the chance to open everything up, and found the clamp on the throttle hose is loose...i yanked it and it was about to pop out. anyways i changed the flex pipe with the a better quality one made sure all clamps are tighten and hoses are fitted properly but couldnt try the ski yet, hopefully within couple of hrs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information