Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gen-2 Intercooler question

hey guys,

im getting ready to order the Gen-2 Cooler Kit, now my question is, do i need a blow off valve? ive been told from many that it can lead to boost leak. . . so im assuming i would need to go with the block-off kit. . what are your opinions??

and my next question is. . ive noticed a few of you installed a water strainer. . . please explian this one to me. . what does it do?? im assuming its a filter. . . and why do you guys put these on??

+1
    Yeah its a filter so the debris in the water doesnt go into the intercooler and clog it up. You wont even notice at first the loss of cooling from it being plugged but it will eventually cause overheat problems. Save yourself the trouble.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=451

Im gonna probably get the same intercooler when I get mine. I will probably go with the BOV to help save the S/C. If it does no good it sure sounds awesome.

By the way how do you like the X-charger on the RXP. I got a '08 and am thinking of either the x-charger or the Riva S3 Charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    Yeah its a filter so the debris in the water doesnt go into the intercooler and clog it up. You wont even notice at first the loss of cooling from it being plugged but it will eventually cause overheat problems. Save yourself the trouble.

Im gonna probably get the same intercooler when I get mine. I will probably go with the BOV to help save the S/C. If it does no good it sure sounds awesome. i had it on my bike when i was running stock intercooler. . and i had many guys tell me to remove it . . cus of boost leak and so on. .

By the way how do you like the X-charger on the RXP. I got a '08 and am thinking of either the x-charger or the Riva S3 Charger. im in the middle of installing the X-Charger, i ran into some trouble with the S3 charger back in the kissimmee trip. . . so this time im going X. ive had many guys recommend it. . . but of course. . it also involves other upgrades. . .
    So BOV or Block-Off Kit??

+1
    What kind of trouble? I have had a BOV on my honda and had no troubles at all or boost leaks.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post

Im gonna probably get the same intercooler when I get mine. I will probably go with the BOV to help save the S/C. If it does no good it sure sounds awesome.

By the way how do you like the X-charger on the RXP. I got a '08 and am thinking of either the x-charger or the Riva S3 Charger.
    Youll get severely mixed emotions on blow-off valves around here. But if you cheap it on the valve youll only have alot of trouble in the end. So TUrboXS, TIaL, HKS, Turbosmart are good routes to go. (Just an FYI, there is a excellent viable and cheaper alternative to the $1000 dollar IC's in Jerrys store.) The X charger is a good option. Just if you decide to run one, GET THE STOCK WASHERS OUT!!! Yes they are metal, but es they still suck. I have the X on mine and runs well, im pleased with it. The inlet strainer is a goo idea too if there is alot of foreign anything in your water.

How often do you need to replace the RiVa washers? Or Is that some that will last forever?

I heard the hks bov on a yamaha and sounded sick!! But was told that doesn't work on sea doo's.

So a strainer is a good add on?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by RxpMia View Post
    How often do you need to replace the RiVa washers? Or Is that some that will last forever?

I heard the hks bov on a yamaha and sounded sick!! But was told that doesn't work on sea doo's.

So a strainer is a good add on?
    You really need to rebuild(Full rebuild of SC) every 100 hours or sooner if you ride the rough stuff..

The strainer is a must...

Unless your sticking your head in your motor compartment or riding around with your seat off like the yamaha guys you'll never hear the blow off..

Hahahahahaha. Now the question. Would the bike need the bov ?? Or just slap on a block off kit??

+1
    hey guys,

im getting ready to order the Gen-2 Cooler Kit, now my question is, do i need a blow off valve? ive been told from many that it can lead to boost leak. . . so im assuming i would need to go with the block-off kit. . what are your opinions??

and my next question is. . ive noticed a few of you installed a water strainer. . . please explian this one to me. . what does it do?? im assuming its a filter. . . and why do you guys put these on??
    I have stage 21/2 and i have 1 .works real good an save you sc to fail faster .plus you dont have hot air in your throttlebody.

Banned User
    Hahahahahaha. Now the question. Would the bike need the bov ?? Or just slap on a block off kit??
    I don't run a BOV..Used too but it was always an issue.. I'd vote against it or atleast steer you in the direction of a good BOV, no Riva BOV is a good BOV

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information