Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

rxp x pump over stuff / buck issue

I"m thinking about upgrading from my 06 rxp to an x.. I've started to read alot on this over stuff, people are saying the regular rxp hulls are better then the x hulls? Why is this? Starting to think I should stay with my rxp and not get an x.

+1
    the P leaves slower than the X but has better 50 to 80mph times.

the X leaves better than the P but has a slower 50 to 80mph times.

this has nothing to do wit hover stuff.

every ski has a overstuff point, just depends on tunnel intake size.

the bigger the tunnel inlet the easier it will overstuff

+1
    jd, do you think I should just stick with my p then, and not upgrade to an x? I know with the mods I have on the p, it be faster on an x.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
    jd, do you think I should just stick with my p then, and not upgrade to an x? I know with the mods I have on the p, it be faster on an x.
    depends on what your going to use the ski for?
    topspeed? stay with the P

+1
    I wouldn't do much more then stage 1 with an exhuast.

thats about all I want to do to it.

+1
    Then get the P-X. Unless you want to run 79ish + then the P-X is better in every conceivable way.

+1
    at what point will this overstuff become an issue, right now I can ride flat out on my p, which is about 72-73 with no issues. Sounds like the x is limited because of the pump issue?

Banned User
    at what point will this overstuff become an issue, right now I can ride flat out on my p, which is about 72-73 with no issues. Sounds like the x is limited because of the pump issue?
    It's more than just speed that causes this condition; it's how the ski is set up..Rideplate,impeller and trim settings.. With the right condition you could buck on a mostly stock ski.. and as your speeds rise, so doe's the chance of a buck.
    I will say that I have friends with fast RXP-X's set-up with care and have never had a "Major" buck but all have had minor hiccups..

+1
    What you have planned for the ski you have zero to worry about. Stage 1? grate, prop, intake.... You're fine, stop worrying. Buy the thing and enjoy it!

I don't think the X is limited because of a pump issue. Every ski stuffs at a certain point. I don't think the pump has as much to do as the tunnel does in the overstuff. Yes, the tunnel on the X boats is bigger which allows for a great holeshoot and sooner overstuff. It's just how we overcome that issue is the key. The GPR stuffed until people found a fix at a certain speed. Same goes for this X boat.

I guess it all depends on a few factors: combination of modifications, weight, rideplate angle, intake grate choice, rpm, nozzle size, tunnel modifications, riding style (chop, flat water), ect....

I've been to 82mph without major overstuff issue with the right combination of parts for my style of riding. (Maybe I'm just LUCKY ) I've seen people stuff at 76mph-80mph with less stuff done. It all depends on your combination of parts/riding style.

I would say your safe with a stage 1 RXPX to about 75-76mph then you'll have to watch what you do and how you mod.

There might be ways around the overstuff up to certain speeds with pump reliefs, certain combination of parts, tunnel modifications and intake grate modifications, but the concern is always there and nothing to be taken lightly.

If you plan to stay under 80mph with basic modifications then I think you should be ok. If you plan on going past 80mph on a RXPX then get ready for a whole new learning game.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information