Should i be concerned?

Last night somewhere i read about a lot of problems with the supercharger and timing chain breaking at very low hours (40-80 hours). Not sure where the website was, it was just full of problems and complaints from owners. I have just purchased a 2007 rxp used with 24 hours on it. I have yet had the chance to take it on the water. I'm not seeing the complaints here about the timing chains. But i am aware of the rebuild on the supercharger at 100-120 hours. Luckily when i bought mine from the guy he had the dealership replace the washers with metal ones at the end of his warranty. So right now there are 2 hours on the new supercharger washers. What do you think? Am I just overreacting?

Edit: The ceramic washers were replaced as a precaution

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr800 View Post
    Last night somewhere i read about a lot of problems with the supercharger and timing chain breaking at very low hours (40-80 hours). Not sure where the website was, it was just full of problems and complaints from owners. I have just purchased a 2007 rxp used with 24 hours on it. I have yet had the chance to take it on the water. I'm not seeing the complaints here about the timing chains. But i am aware of the rebuild on the supercharger at 100-120 hours. Luckily when i bought mine from the guy he had the dealership replace the washers with metal ones at the end of his warranty. So right now there are 2 hours on the new supercharger washers. What do you think? Am I just overreacting?
    Nope, you have a vaild concern.. Did the washer fail causing him to replace with metal washers? What happens is when the ceramics fail, the pieces go into the motor and can damage youer timing chain causing premature failure.. So it all depends on the repair shop that completes the job; Did they do it correctly? Did they inspect your oil pump screens and look at your timing chain or did they just fix the SC and push it out the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Nope, you have a vaild concern.. Did the washer fail causing him to replace with metal washers? What happens is when the ceramics fail, the pieces go into the motor and can damage youer timing chain causing premature failure.. So it all depends on the repair shop that completes the job; Did they do it correctly? Did they inspect your oil pump screens and look at your timing chain or did they just fix the SC and push it out the door?
    I forgot to mention that he had the washers replaced as a precaution. The ceramics did not break.

Thread Information