I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

Lightbulb Memorial Day weekend ride- May 23rd -25th (Islamorada, Fl.)

Ok, my friend Danny "nonvtechdaturbo" - http://greenhulk.net/forums/member.php?u=2282 & I will be in Islamorada in the Florida Keys on memorial day weekend from Friday - Tuesday with our friends & families. We want to invite those that can make it out for a nice ride on Sunday May 24th. That's when we would definitely like to dedicate time to the Greenhulk family. We will be staying at Matecumbe Resort on mile marker 76. Should you want to join us for a nice ride, the following are things you should know about the weekend & about that Sunday:

• Place to stay - Should you want to stay at the resort where we are at, you need to call NOW. We've been staying there since 1988 & highly recommend it. (Matecumbe Resort - 305-664-8801) & even if you have your own favorite place to stay at, I suggest you call right away as it's a holiday weekend & rooms are limited.
    • Place to ride - The riding area will be from Tiki Bar down to Caloosa Cove (roughly a 10 mile ride through the bay)
    • Place to eat - Islamorada Fish Co. serves some MAD crocodile & other yummy food. We can dock & eat then continue the ride or if you don't wish to spend money then make sure you bring your own food so you can eat while beached.
    • Alchoholic beverages - No alchoholic beverages in the skis (but if you do bring, I didn't see it). I don't want issues with the FLorida Marine Patrol. They are strict in the Keys.
    • Beaches - There are three beaches that we go to when we ride but if you want to enjoy a beach all to ourselves then it's only two. Caloosa Beach (on the ocean side, just 8 minutes from the ramps) or Port Antigua (bay side, just 8 minutes from the ramp as well). Both beaches are private & not too many ppl go to them except in the middle of the summer. Otherwise it's the sandbar @ Holiday Isle (TikiBar) which get's really packed with boats. (Hard to find space to park a group of skis)
    • Fuel - Make sure you have enough fuel for the day. It will suck if you have to leave the group to trailer your ski back to the nearest gas station (You WILL loose a whole hour)
    • Forum - What? lol... I say we do live Greenhulk threads of conversation about skiis or bring back classic threads, such as my own "Ever had a sinking feeling" when I sank in 2007 or the typical "Should I go premix?" or "Who's the new owner of the Yamaha Exciter with the 2 1300 R engines?", etc... LET'S TALK SKIS!!!
    The whole idea is to enjoy the day, the weekend, or whatever time you are there. If you get there on Friday or Saturday, we can meet up on one of the mentioned beaches but we will be with family so it's very important that you know that we may not be available on Friday or Saturday to ride out with you guys however it will be a great oportunity for you guys to learn your way around. Should you have any questions, respond to this thread, NO PM's please. If you need to reach me privately, shoot me an email ([email protected]). I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Alchoholic beverages - No alchoholic beverages in the skis (but if you do bring, I didn't see it). I don't want issues with the FLorida Marine Patrol. They are strict in the Keys.

i dont agree... you should always bring alchoholic drinks just incase you get pulled over you can offer the police officer something to drink

True...

if i understand it correct kids r more than welcome and there will be others?

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0607rxp View Post
    if i understand it correct kids r more than welcome and there will be others?
    Kids are definitely welcome. We don't have really young kids in our group. I expect a couple young teenagers with their parents - They are my co-workers. However there will be some of my family wiht boats as well. No guarantee that they will be everywhere we'll be going though. When I mean having a good time, I dont mean getting wild & going crazy. I mean getting together & enjoying the day with friends & family.

everyone that will be there is in there 20's

ok thanks

Thread Information