+1

Be careful with your SHO rideplate inserts

The last time I removed my rideplate one of the inserts broke. I always torque the bolts to spec & they weren't seized, but when I removed the bolt about 1/2 the threaded part of the insert fell on the floor. I thought no big deal...had a local dealer replace it under warranty & just got a call today letting me know the part is backordered until F'n October!!! R&D sells aftermarket inserts for the GPR, but they told me they're not the same size as the ones on the SHO. Luckily, I will be able to pull one out of SHOdude's wrecked hull, but this could have ruined my entire summer.

That sucks! But you can always ride that beautiful black & blue GPR!

+1
    That has got to be bullshit. If I broke a rideplate insert and they told me backordered until Oct. I would be on the phone with Yamaha raising hell. I'd ask them, "So I can't ride my twelve-thousand dollar machine I bought from you this entire summer?" ARE YOU F&C^ING KIDDING ME!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    That has got to be bullshit. If I broke a rideplate insert and they told me backordered until Oct. I would be on the phone with Yamaha raising hell. I'd ask them, "So I can't ride my twelve-thousand dollar machine I bought from you this entire summer?" ARE YOU F&C^ING KIDDING ME!!!
    I was kind of thinking of that tonight. If they are backordered, then how in the hell are they even building any of these machines?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post

+Whatever the largest f$!ckg number ever is...

If you need these I would try Georgiawatersports and others. Supposedly ther are some cross exchanges. In other words the same part is used on other skis despite there being diff part nmbers.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    I was kind of thinking of that tonight. If they are backordered, then how in the hell are they even building any of these machines?
    Because the factory is getting what they need, but their warehouse (where you get replacement parts) doesnt have any and they have been told October to recieve them, (probably because the supplier is maxed out fulfilling their order to the factory)

+1
    Get your ski from the stealership (which I would never go back to one that told you OCTOBER.)

Buy a gpr one. Cut it in half, and put it in place using your rideplate as the guide. Use 5200 to hold it in place.

+1
    ...and replace the bolts with some quality ones from ace hardware, or bolt depot.com.

Stock ones are crap.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Get your ski from the stealership (which I would never go back to one that told you OCTOBER.)

Buy a gpr one. Cut it in half, and put it in place using your rideplate as the guide. Use 5200 to hold it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    ...and replace the bolts with some quality ones from ace hardware, or bolt depot.com.

Stock ones are crap.

Thread Information