Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do I need to start racing

Hey guys, I was maybe thinking about racing this year in the midwest watercross series. I already have a tow strap and helmet. Can I use a 2 place trailer to launch or do I need a beach dolly. I have an 04 rxp and cant do any mods to it according to my parents soo... obviously racing beginer stock class. Are the riders good in this class or will I do pretty good. Is my ski gunna get beat up, becasue she is my baby and cared for really well. Any tips for me. Anything else that I am overlooking. Thanks guys.

+1
    You don't need a beach dolly. If you can get your boat in the water...then that is all you need. Get a beach stand so you can park it, without having to remove it. When you race you run the risk of taking on damage. RXP's do well in stock classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    You don't need a beach dolly. If you can get your boat in the water...then that is all you need. Get a beach stand so you can park it, without having to remove it. When you race you run the risk of taking on damage. RXP's do well in stock classes.
    Alright thanks for the info, I will look into the beach dolly's. I wasnt sure how beat up boats get in stock novice, thought they might be kinda easy. I knew the machines beat in the pro stuff.

in any class you find the risk of damage! minor scrapes to full blown re build of your hull. you will do well depending on your ability to ride around the course. if you can try to get incontact with some racers around your area and practice with them, paractice being behind to get use to the chop and goign around the bueys. and yes RXPs do well in stock... if you can drop the sponson on your RXP and you will get a much beter feel on the turning. Only if you can. good luck.

ok thanks, yea, i have practiced a little bit.

Hey check out our site www.r5waterxracing.com and click on "I wanna race" and you will find every thing you need to know about what you will need and what to expect in your racing endeavours!

Good luck and welcome aboard!

R5WX

Quote Originally Posted by R5WaterXRacing View Post
    Hey check out our site www.r5waterxracing.com and click on "I wanna race" and you will find every thing you need to know about what you will need and what to expect in your racing endeavours!

Good luck and welcome aboard!

R5WX
    thanks alot

$$$$$$$ Lot's of it Then, when your out of $$$$$$, You ask yourself, what would I have done, if I have a second chance They won't even take the chinese/taiwan/mexico gold plated of the throphys in the local pawnshop and the glass bowl like trophys.....they were a hit at $2.95 at the swap meet. they were buying it and using it for a salad bowl.

Dont listen to Jammer..Its a little pricey sometimes ....BUT thats why you stay in Stock Class!!

Quote Originally Posted by R5WaterXRacing View Post
    Dont listen to Jammer..Its a little pricey sometimes ....BUT thats why you stay in Stock Class!!
    My post was about the truth from first hand experience from different kinds of racing and competition, parts of it you admit it already that is true. My post is read it or leave it. so why not listen to Jammer? even stock racing cost $$$$. Try to sit down and tally all the expense and you'll see my point. We are all here to give an honest opinion. Jammer 1's opinion on the topic was true to the heart and the pocket . Try racing, see if it's for you. Anything competition I will dive in there once or twice. It's how I test myself . To challenge yourself everyday.....is to stay alive and sharp and keeps you on top and 1 step of the rest of the pack. My Golden Rule #1 Give Racing skis a shot. keep us posted

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information