Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

considering a seadoo jet boat how do oyu like them?

I'm looking at getting a seadoo, or yamaha jet boat. I have no experence with jet boats, other then my seadoo jet skis. Want to replace my parents old boat, its time to upgrade. I"m just looking for some info on these boats in general.

150 speedster 215 supercharged is a great boat and lots of fun anywhere you take it

+1
    We have the 150 speedster and really enjoy it,we also have 2 rxp and seem the use the speedster more than the rxps.

Just bought a 2004 Seadoo Sportster and love it. Handles great and quick! Get it checked out if buying used.

+1
    anyone have one of the bigger boats?

It's a he'll of good time to buy, they're giving these away due to the bad economy. I have a Challenger 180 which fits in my 20x20' garage and easily takes 8 people. I paid $21k for it 2 years ago. You can get them for $15K new in south west Florida. Go test drive some and find what you like. I would personally buy the Speedster if it fit in my garage.

I have a c180 and love it but i put 8 people in it once and we almost sank!! 6 is the max that i can carry and still have fun..

Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
    anyone have one of the bigger boats?
    I have a 2008 230 Wake. and my friend has a 2007 230 challenger, mine is still stock but my friend's is heavily modified, maybe 600HP-650HP total from 2 engines of originally 215HP each, this boat does 70mph and it still hits the rev limiter at 3/4 throttle, we are currently playing with the impeller pitch to achieve the maximum top speed, this boat is great, you can have 12 people on it comfortably, my personal opinion is that eh Sea Doo boats are built cheap but that engine and the design is beautiful, very easy to make fast.
    the 230 is the best looking boat in the 24ft range and probably the fastest runabout out there for the money, we raced a $150K boat on the river and we were bouncing of the rev limiter at 8200RPM at 3/4 throttle but we were keeping up with the speed boat, we later found out that the guy was topping out at 72mph, do the math $150K/72mph= $2083per MPH v. $55K/70mph=$785per MPH(this includes the mods) I am positive that with a modified impeller we will get to 73mph-75mph.
    this boat is fast, keep looking for updates on this, we are prepping a you tube video.
    Alin 230 wake.

+1
    how does your wake do for towing and stuff? I'm also looking at the yamaha's. yamaha has those pump clean out plugs which are pretty cool.

I own a C180 and wish I had bought a yamaha instead...

The yamahas are nowhere close to the performance you can get out of a seadoo boat but in my opinion they are of much higher quality. The 23' yams also have a spot for a toilet and the swim platform is... well... amazing.

Get in both and look around at the fit and finish and check out the jet pumps on the yams, all metal vs way too much plastic in high stress areas on the doos.

I am pretty much stuck with mine so I have to make the best of it.

Good luck with your choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information