Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Will a 15f w/ full RPM Kit keep up with a SHO?

I am very close to purchasing an 08 leftover 15f and I would like to know if I would be able to keep up with a yamaha SHO if I install an RPM kit. This spoiled little 13 year old I know just got one and it pissed me off. I was thinking of buying a used RXP which I know would beat him, but they require too much maintenance and I don't have the skills or the money to be screwing around with an older RXP hoping something doesn't go wrong.

Team N2L #112 *Monster 15FKawi*'s Avatar
    Yeah if you throw in a A Rpm Kit on that 08 15F, hell's yeah you'd be able to show that kid up! Ive raced a Stock SHO's with my Modified 15F in the rough and beat it. She can even keep up with Ultra's.lol

15F's are easy to maintain as well.. you ain't got do much,but be sure to change the oil when needed & replace spark plugs etc. 15F's are worth the buck..

Yea I know, there so simple and easy to maintain. Its just very easy to understand how they work internally. Plus I won't have to worry about spending all my money on SC maintenance. O and what mods do you have on ur 15f.

Banned User
    +1

sho vs 15f

well since i have both the sho is way faster. im trying to make my 15f a little faster too, but the sho is very fast so far 70 mph gpsd
    and 15f 58 mph so i have a long was too go. (15f stock ) sho (very modified)

Team N2L #112 *Monster 15FKawi*'s Avatar
    Riva RPM Kit. + Modified WaterBox.
    & R&D Intake Grate for rough waterhook up. More To Come!

Quote Originally Posted by *Monster 15FKawi* View Post
    Yeah if you throw in a A Rpm Kit on that 08 15F, hell's yeah you'd be able to show that kid up! Ive raced a Stock SHO's with my Modified 15F in the rough and beat it. She can even keep up with Ultra's.lol
    which ultra's?

Quote Originally Posted by BluBerri#52 View Post
    which ultra's?
    de-tuned stockers? jk Mikey...na tell no lie though dat 15f was movinnn can't wait get her back out and broken in once again.

Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *Monster 15FKawi* View Post

15F's are easy to maintain as well.. you ain't got do much,but be sure to change the oil when needed & replace spark plugs etc. 15F's are worth the buck..
    yea in the chop a stock SHO against a modded 15f with the rpm kit can tie or beat it I'v done it b4 against some 1 as well they had a hard time but in the flat well idk they took off b4 me..

+1
    Haven't run against any SHO's for that matter I haven't seen one on the water yet, but have outrun stock Ultra 250's especially from a dead start. And the best part is, you use a lot less fuel. I have the free flow exhaust, riva air filter and solas 14/21 prop, along with Group K modded ride plate. I just installed the shredmaster plate, but haven't tried it out yet.

OneBadSHO, 58 for a 15f seems a little slow maybe its not running completely the way it should. You may need new plugs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information