Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SeaDoo financing

I will be in the market for a couple RXPs. Seadoo's website says financing deals for the promotion of the month. Does anyone know how good of a rate the financing is? I am a member of a credit union so i am trying to compare in advance.

thanks

I doubt seriously that the seadoo financing can even touch the credit union in any way shape or form. When I bought mine last year seadoo wasn't financing unless your credit score was above 750. Saw several people turned down while I was there.

+1
    Not sure, I paid cash for ours...
    shop around, but I can tell you with 13 million people out of work, some of these credit sources are still tighter than an oyster's azz right now.

+1, save, buy cash, no worries, no payments.

Does anyone what the actual rate that SeaDoo is giving is?

I'll be purchasing a new '08 TX in about 2 weeks from a dealer in Orlando and he showed me SeaDoos current financing promotions which I believe were, 7.8% for 48 months, 0 payments for 6 moths but your APR is somewhere around 12-15%(Can't recall exactly) and $0 down and 7.8% APR for 6-12 months but your APR would be somewhere around 12-15% after.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_hunt View Post
    +1, save, buy cash, no worries, no payments.
    I agree.... I paid cash for my sportster 150. I dont like to give banks money, Id rather they give ME money

Quote Originally Posted by DOOtheDOO View Post
    I'll be purchasing a new '08 TX in about 2 weeks from a dealer in Orlando and he showed me SeaDoos current financing promotions which I believe were, 7.8% for 48 months, 0 payments for 6 moths but your APR is somewhere around 12-15%(Can't recall exactly) and $0 down and 7.8% APR for 6-12 months but your APR would be somewhere around 12-15% after.

Thank You. That is exactly the kind of answer i was looking for.

Don't bank on getting the 12% unless your credit score is about 800. My buddy financed his, credit score 760, paid 7K down and pays 204 for 48 months!!! Yikes, that is 15 percent!!! Better to borrow from a credit union or even better yet buy a good used ski. Why pay all that $$$ when it's going to loose it's value fast because it's a toy?!!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_hunt View Post
    Don't bank on getting the 12% unless your credit score is about 800. My buddy financed his, credit score 760, paid 7K down and pays 204 for 48 months!!! Yikes, that is 15 percent!!! Better to borrow from a credit union or even better yet buy a good used ski. Why pay all that $$$ when it's going to loose it's value fast because it's a toy?!!
    I haven't started looking yet. I will be in the next couple weeks. I have not ruled out getting used. I am looking for information so i can weigh my options. The only thing that concerns me about used, is salt water. I have had friends who had purchased ski's before that were "never used in salt water" and have had issues with them(corrosion related). The closed loop cooling is one of the reasons i am looking at SeaDoo.

I will not finance for more than 7%. I believe the credit union is around 6. If i can't get a lower APR, I have the cash to purchase 1 outright. I will just wait till i can get another.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information