Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No Spark on 1997 SL1050

Hi guys...
    I'm now done rebuilding my SL1050, and I have assembled everything again, BUT I have no spark on the sparkplugs.
    I have searched the forum and found this thread:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ght=1050+spark
    I have tried everything, which was posted here... I have ground inside the electrical box, and I have also tried holding the bilge button while cranking, still no spark....

Have some of you tech guys any suggestions to what might be wrong... ?

All connections have been checked, and there is no corrision, and no wires seems to be broken...

Regarding ignition, I have determined that I have the updated ignition pack.

Best regards,
    Jesper Andersen
    Denmark

+1
    make sure your battery is fully charged, ( 12.5 volts), and it does NOT go lower than 10.5 volts when cranking.

we see this here alot, come the end of the season, when a ski has been sitting for a while, people bring them into my shop, for winterizing, and the battery voltage has dropped some. it will crank fine, ( seems fast enough) but will not have spark.

hopefully your battery has maybe gone bad, or just lost some charge, while sitting while doing your rebuild.

good luck. zig

Hi Zig,
    Thanks for your reply... I just fully charged the battery last night... I have tried a lot of things, and for some minuttes ago I got a spark on the one sparkplug, then I pulled out the others to check them, and now I dont have spark again... strange...

+1
    check the voltage while cranking. make SURE it does NOT go below 10.5 volts. i have persoanlly seen batteries, that are charged, and showing 12.5 or higher volts when sittin gon the bench, but drop when under load.

I found this tech thread,( http://www.pwcforum.com/polaris-jets...y.html#post566 ) and can read that I have to have 7-9Vdc on the brown wire comming from the CDI, but I only have 0.5volt when cranking, and when I release the start button I shortly have 3,5volt. I this my problem ?

+1
    Like John said just because the battery is charged does'nt mean it has enough amps ,check the voltage while cranking the motor

I just checked the battery... I have 18V, and when cranking it says 15V... I have a spare battery also fully charged, and it says the same...

+1
    Your voltage needs to be checked with a good meter not the MFD. It is imposable to have a 12v battery reading above 12.2v at rest.

You right guys.. I'm not a electrical guy, so I needed to change the battery in the Meter... 12,3V, and only 9,6V when cranking.... Is it possible to charge the battery, or do I need a new one ?

Okay... I have it running now !!! Thanks guys... I will pick up a new battery tomorrow....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information