Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Chris0060's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,174

    IDEAL & SAFE RPMS w STAGE II

    Finally getting some results with the Stage II + mods on my RXP. With the mods listed in the signature, i was @ 8160-8180 on flat water. IS this where I want to be? Or should I be a little lower on the RPMS?

    I was not able to GPS the ski unfortunately.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    metairie,la
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    Finally getting some results with the Stage II + mods on my RXP. With the mods listed in the signature, i was @ 8160-8180 on flat water. IS this where I want to be? Or should I be a little lower on the RPMS?

    I was not able to GPS the ski unfortunately.
    8100

  3. #3
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    How's the bottom end? Do you spin much out of the hole? If so, Add 1mm to the leading edge & you'll get more pull, 60-80 less rpm & more top end.

    If all is good on the bottom end then add 1mm to the trailing edge.

    Or, nozzle down to an 82 or 81mm ring.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    Finally getting some results with the Stage II + mods on my RXP. With the mods listed in the signature, i was @ 8160-8180 on flat water. IS this where I want to be? Or should I be a little lower on the RPMS?

    I was not able to GPS the ski unfortunately.

    Your right on the revlimiter is 8,300 on the 07.The rpm's will go down the hotter it gets.

  5. #5
    Chris0060's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    How's the bottom end? Do you spin much out of the hole? If so, Add 1mm to the leading edge & you'll get more pull, 60-80 less rpm & more top end.

    If all is good on the bottom end then add 1mm to the trailing edge.

    Or, nozzle down to an 82 or 81mm ring.
    noticing slight cavitation out of the hole. You're saying to go to a 81mm ring regardless or??????????

  6. #6
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    noticing slight cavitation out of the hole. You're saying to go to a 81mm ring regardless or??????????
    go 81 OR 1mm on leading edge. To do both will kill your rpm big time.
    This should get you to 8100 rpm. I run 8120 - 8140 rpm on my setup.
    Like mitch said, the rpm will drop when it gets hotter outside.
    Whats your temp outside now?

  7. #7
    Chris0060's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,174
    it is very early in the season here. In the 60's these days. In a month, and for most of our riding season, we are in the 80s-low 90's...



    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    go 81 OR 1mm on leading edge. To do both will kill your rpm big time.
    This should get you to 8100 rpm. I run 8120 - 8140 rpm on my setup.
    Like mitch said, the rpm will drop when it gets hotter outside.
    Whats your temp outside now?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stage II RPM's ?
    By MIARider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 04:00 PM
  2. Ideal Pop-off on a Riva Stage II GP1200R
    By carbuff91 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 07:33 PM
  3. Riva Stage II with Waterbox Mod
    By johnD in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 11:16 PM
  4. How are your Riva RXP Stage II's running for you?
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 10:36 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •