08 ultra 250 need help

i bought a new ultra 250 august 08. it has 22 hours on it and has been in the shop three times for the same problem. i picked it up from the shop yesterday, dropped it in the water for 5 minutes and found out they still havent fixed it and it will have to go back for a forth time.when i picked it up yesterday they said they hoped it was fixed this time because thay have talked to kawasaki and they can not figure out what the problem is.if i try to give it full gas from sitting it barely moves and the rpm goes all the way up and bounces.if i slowly give it gas it will take off fine and get up to full speed but will only stay there for a few seconds and then it will bog down to almost a full stop and almost throw me over the ski. it never cuts off or stalls. when i look inside the ski it allways has about two to three inches of water in even though it was only in the water for about ten minutes. the first time i took it in they said the impeller may have had debries in it(i new that was not the problem)the second time they said kawasaki recomended changing the pump. the last time the changed the supercharger belts and pully system. has anyone ever heard of this problem or if anyone has any thoughts or recomdatoins they would be appretiated cauce im going to drop it back off tomorrow thanks

It sounds like cavitation. Have a look in the pump tunnel and see how much silacone is slopped in there. This has been a well known issue with all the 250s Also do a search over in the 4 stroke section you should find several threads with pics and how to fix it. Welcome to green hulk.

thanks btldigger , i just heard the exact same same thing from someone else.what i dont understand is how petes cycle has not heard of this. im going to mention this to them when i drop it off tommorow.like i said that will be the forth time. i hope your suggestion will work. the weather is starting to get nice and my ski has spent more time at their place than mine...thanks again for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    It sounds like cavitation. Have a look in the pump tunnel and see how much silacone is slopped in there. This has been a well known issue with all the 250s Also do a search over in the 4 stroke section you should find several threads with pics and how to fix it. Welcome to green hulk.

x 2 on that.... my kawi did that.

I belive I would try fixing that one myself instead of letting it sit at the dealer. Take pics and if that cures it be sure to let your dealer know what it was Kawi hasnt heard of gas in oil either

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like an exhaust hose is leaking at speed, it leaks water and exhaust vapors into the hull then kills the motor because it doesnt have fresh air to breath.......

+1
    you might try to put it in the water with the seat off and see if you can find out where the water is coming from ... Ultra could have just found it for ya .. its probably something simple that they over looked

Thread Information