Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet cam footage from river race in Sydney Australia

Video of the NSW PWC Association Jet Ski Race, Bridge to Bridge from helmet camera mounted to handle bars of outright winner riding stock class Seadoo rxp-x.

First ski pass 1 minute 22 seconds
    passing at 1 minute 50seconds
    passing at between 2 minute 15 seconds and 2 minutes 40 seconds
    crash 3 minute 14 seconds
    Total race time 29 minutes

+1
    great job awesome video!

That's some beautiful scenery over there... Ron

Yes it is a beautiful part of the world, the race is run on the Hawkesbury River which is just north of Sydney in New South Wales. Its run in conjuction with a power boat race which has been run over many, many years. The river only gets closed twice a year, once for this race and another time for the Bridge to Bridge water ski race so it is great being able to run up the river in a closed race environment.

+1
    Always nice to SeaDoo winning races!

Was it a RXP or RXT?? Any idea of his setup?

It was my ski, it is a 2008 rxp-x stock class spec built by Gold Coast Seadoo which is set up for circuit racing, I placed 3rd in pro runabout stock at this years Australian Flatwater Titles which I was slightly off the pace for mid range and top end.
    For this enduro race I put in a big prop and was lucky to get a good start, I am also fortunate enough that we go past our family holiday property at about the 2min 15sec mark of the video so I know the river very well.
    Some of the quicker open skis had problems the day before the race and a couple of skis had problems during the race as you can see when the first place rider comes off his ski. Once I got clean water I kept the river as straight as possible to ensure if anyone behind had more speed that they would at least get slowed down crossing my wake.
    Only problem I had was I had something get stuck on my ski at about the 15 minute mark, which caused a big lean to the right and dropped the speed but it came off after 2 minutes or so.

Nice. Almost every boat over here is modded. Some of the RXT's are modded to the max.. That looks like some flat waters too.. how many racers were there? And congratulations on the win!!

Thumbs up

Congrats to Paul his ski was running very well and a great rider ofcoarse. My RXPX came 3rd overall and is also full stock class spec and a great deal of help from Goldcoast seadoo aswell. My mate riding it was his very first jetski race so well done to him 1st Rookie home and 3rd overall...
    Big Thanks also to:
    Fuel2Race
    JD's Boatshed seadoo
    Southern Fasteners

yeah Aaron did a great effort with his ride and we know your ski has the pace as well, I guess if the open boats did not have the problems they had it may have been a different story but the old saying to finish first, first you have to finish, next year maybe the open skis wont have the problems and we will get blown away...

I cant wait for the Australian Endurance GP at the end of May, it will be in Botany Bay which is a well known rough water event which suits me just fine and will be a good test between Seadoo, Kawasaki and Yamaha as to who will take the win.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information